Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying not to blow my top..my dd is SOOOO lucky

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM
  • 63 Replies

she has another half hour before she gets off the bus, so I have time to calm myself down..I went to set some clothes on her bed because for reasons that I am aware of now, I never can catch up on laundry...i'm spitting mad..I don't know what compelled me to look in her closet in the first place...

ALL of the clothes I gave to her to put away Sunday night were thrown on the floor in the closet. This morning she was taking forever to get dressed because "all my clothes are dirty" so I did some MORE laundry. Then, I actually LOOK in her room. Clean clothes, in wad on the floor of her closet. Empty chip bags and Capri Sun pouches. Wadded up kleenex and nail polish soaked cotton balls. No wonder she put her clothes on the closet floor, her dresser has been dedicated to pictures, nondescript pens pencils crayons hair ties, bubblegum wrappers, stickers and makeup..FU*K!! I had to type this just to calm down. I'm pissed. I pushed everything to the center of her room in a pile. Then for shits and grins moved her bed. I won't even tell you what I found....

What would you do???

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I have a son who is similiar.  I took a lot of his stuff away and he is earning them back or losing them again - depending on the day.  I have thought about boxing up everything but his bed and clothes but haven't gotten there yet.

My dd is older.  When she pulled that crap, I stopped washing her clothes for a while.

mommymelissa76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Im sorry, i had to LOL. My DD is 13 and I found a petrified hot dog in her closet once. She is always pulling similar shit!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Woah.....  Those were the days.  I remember my mom asking me to clean my room and i'd shove everything in the closet or under my bed -_-

graciesmom6206
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Sounds like my room growing up. My parents used to get so angry at me. I would pull everything out in the middle and make here organize and clean it. Also, take the door off the hinges. Privacy is a privilege and when she can show her maturity then give it back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I would make her sit and do homework, then I would make her clean it up. And, teach her to use the washer or iron, whatever's needed to fix the clothes on the floor.

malissaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM

OH MY GOD I'M BECOMING MY MOTHER...crying

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Woah.....  Those were the days.  I remember my mom asking me to clean my room and i'd shove everything in the closet or under my bed -_-

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Honestly, that sounds like my room growing up. My mother finally told me that if I wanted to wear my clothes dirty and wrinkly then fine, she wouldn't fight it. But she made me start doing my own laundry.

mes_deux_amours
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Ugh not there yet but I feel ya.

How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAnnaBanana
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Lol it's ok...we all get there sooner or later.

Quoting malissaL:

OH MY GOD I'M BECOMING MY MOTHER...crying

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitten_shuga
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Make her wash, dry, fold and PUT AWAY all her own clothes for a week. Then talk to her about how you do that for everyone in the house. My son has had this happen a few times and it always straightens his shit out for a while. Or you could give her three outfits to rotate and tell her thats all she gets until she can be more responsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)