Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Greedy, Selfish Couponers:

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM
  • 189 Replies

Today, I went to use 2 coupons. I was going to buy 3 things of scalloped potatoes and 3 things of hamburger helper. This would have given me $2 off my next order. So, I was going to get BOGO beef. It didn't happen. Why...because you had 55 boxes of hamburger helper/potatoes in your cart. I hope you get fat on all that processed food, you choke on it, or you get food poisoning. Not enough to make you die, just enough that maybe next time you'll cut back a bit and think about the other people that would like to save a little bit of money.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hamburger Helper is the devil.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

you could have gotten a raincheck on your items that you wanted if you couldn't get them

stefvan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Thanks to those coupon shows, many stores are starting to set limits on how many of each item a person can get. 

supermomofgirls
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM

clappingso agree with you. I use coupons but only if I find them on in stop packages the other day I found a coupon on yogurt buy 2 get a dollar off.

jillbailey26
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM

So you're hoping they get fat on the processed food, but you were there buying the same thing?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mes_deux_amours
That totally blows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesmom6206
Ugh those extreme couponers are ruining it for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamayang
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Yep, but I couldn't get the rain check for the $2 off of my next meat purchase. So...that kinda made it not worth it. Plus I was really frustrated at the end of my trip. 20 mins wasted walking around a store to find out they're sold out of everything. Then standing in line behind the people who loaded up their carts. It was grand let me tell you.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

you could have gotten a raincheck on your items that you wanted if you couldn't get them

mom2ljh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Not cool to wish anything on others, but I agree with the ridiculousness of it.  Most stores limit you to 3 like coupons per day to prevent that very issue.

mamayang
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Yep. Difference is 6 boxes compared to 55

Quoting jillbailey26:

So you're hoping they get fat on the processed food, but you were there buying the same thing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)