• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

banning peanut butter edit

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
When and how did you introduce peanuts and peanut butter to your children .
Edit......
How did you prepair for the possibility of an allergic reaction.

My son is somewhat allergic to peanuts as per the doctor tests. bit nothing bad. He can still eat them and he doesn't have a reaction to it. does that mean my daughter could be allergic too? They have different dads
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeridotnEmerald
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Anyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeridotnEmerald
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Seriously ! Anyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I waited until my son was three. I also waited till this age for fish,shellfish and strawberries. then introduced them one a month. edited to add i also never gave him popcorn till three and a half.. im a very paranoid person ahhaha

stfu

PeridotnEmerald
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM
How did you do it. Did you give him peanut butter first or peanuts. How did you prepair for if it turned out he was super allergic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM

With my daughter, we waited until she was two and then we gave her small amounts of peanut butter on crackers.

With my son, we gave him peanut butter prezelts when he was 11 months because we were trapped in a situation with no other food.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

between 2-3 i think

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I gave my daughter peanut butter at about 24 months. Just a little taste on a spoon and watched her. Same with honey,and eggs. After she didn't have any reaction,I started letting her have them in her normal diet.

We always have benadryl and an epi pen in our house because I have a latex allergy.

PurplePieguy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM

With all my kids, but my last I started at about 12 or 13 months. First I gave them a little bit on some crackers then worked our way to pb&j sandwiches. With my last she never got the chance to taste it because we found out she is allergic to it when she had a reaction to ketchup. Her allergist tested for about 6 food allergies and several environmental allergies as well.

mamadee1971
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Peanut butter on a spoon when they were able to swallow, well and peanuts when they were able to chew, well.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM

There were no known nut allergies in our family, and I think my sons were around 2-3 when they had peanuts. I don't remember exactly, they are 8 1/2 years old now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)