• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh boy... I don't know if I can do this anymore!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ugh... so, before I start rambling, I will give as much back story as I feel necessary - please forgive me if this is all over the place, but I am exhausted and worn out, and my brain is all over the place (what's left of it anyway).

My cousin Amanda got in some trouble with DSS last month.  I got the phone call on Monday afternoon (8/15) that the kids had until 5pm to go with family or they went to state custody.  I don't trust "the system", and it IS family... so I bit the bullet and took the kids.  Well I only took 2 - the older two are in Boston with their grandma.  No one else in the family has come forward, no one.  This was when my youngest baby was only 6 weeks old.. just the day before my oldest started back to school.  I already had 4 kids at home - what am I thinking bringing 2 more (ages 2 and 3 mos) into the house? 

Anyway, it was supposed to be shortlived, Amanda and her husband were supposed to get jobs and find a place to live and all that good stuff... well, they haven't.  My little sister and I are 50/50 with Ashten (the now 4mo old baby) because I find it very difficult to deal with toddlers and two infants all day long.  Landen (the 2 y/o) has spent the last 2 weeks with my other cousin, Eron and his gf Christy.  It was only supposed to be 4 days, because my toddlers (ages 3 and 2) were getting upset with Landen and at me for bringing this "other child" in and putting him a bed in their room... basically they got tired of the "intruder". 

I live in a 4 bedroom house... it's me, DH, our roommate, my 4 kids... anyway.  Eron and Christy said they wanted to keep Landen until this whole mess was over, and I agreed... He was the only child there, he LOVED it, loved the attention, it was great.  I must admit, I kinda liked only having my kids here during the day (Ash usually just comes over to sleep here).

Today, that all changed.  My sister's husband told her he wanted to leave, so in a crying mess, she brought Ashten over to me so she could sort out her personal issues without a screaming infant in her ear.

Then, I got a call from my Aunt - the one who has the older children.  Apparently, Eron and Christy are having problems and Eron wants to leave Christy.  He wants me to get Landen back so he's not in the middle of their issue.  He said once he leaves, he'll come get Landen and take him.  My issue is that Eron doesn't work.  He has NO way to provide for Landen.  No job, no phone, no place to live (he's living with Christy).   Really?  I can't let Landen go back to that. 

Ugh... I just don't know.  I do know that Amanda isn't really doing anything to get her kids back... *sigh* So it looks like I'm in this for the long haul. 

It's amazing how 9 weeks ago I had my tubes tied after baby #4 so I wouldn't have any more kids, and now I have 6.  Their ages are 8, 3.5, 2.75, 2.5, 4 mo and 2 mo.  What the hell am I gonna do!?!?!  

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
barefootncrazy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM

That's a really messed up situation but girl you must have patients of steel!! I would go insane!

itty_bitty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM

oh mama i dont know, but bless you for taking on those kiddos! i would be in the same boat as you! *hugs*!

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Bump so I can read later...it's a little long for my little mobile screen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM
It may be hard . But those kids need you and your a saint for taking them in . I think I would lose my mind in the process . Just remember god will never give you more then you can handle , and those kids will thank you for it when they are older .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livyla
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

It may be hard . But those kids need you and your a saint for taking them in . I think I would lose my mind in the process . Just remember god will never give you more then you can handle , and those kids will thank you for it when they are older .

well said...:)

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Thanks ladies... I was sure (since this IS NC) I was going to get bashed for... well, they always find something, right?  I don't have Landen back yet, but I probably will after Sunday.  I have to work tomorrow, Sat and Sun, then I'm free again until next Thurs.  I just know that the first 2 weeks (when I had 6 kids in my house) I was at the point where I didn't know if I was going to cry or just pass out standing still.  As of right now, I get a break because my toddlers are napping, the babies are napping, and my oldest is fixing himself a snack so he can finish homework. 

I should be doing laundry.  God knows there's enough of it.

mamacam7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM

wow....I have 4 ages 6 and under and it drives me insane. Honestly as much as I would go crazy I would stick it out for the children. They need some stability in their life! GL and I hope things start looking up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)