• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Choked in Car Window, WTH?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 43 Replies

Child Choked in Car Window

HUBER HEIGHTS - A 4-year old boy has been seriously injured after getting his head stuck in a car window.

It happened Tuesday night in the Wal-mart parking lot in Huber Heights. Police say the boy was sticking his head outside the window when the window was rolled up, trapping his neck.

The boy was taken to Children's Medical Center with serious injuries. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the incident.

No charges have been filed yet. Child Choked in Car Window

Wednesday, September 14 2011, 06:22 AM EDT

With light and love

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:27 PM

That happened to a friend of mine once. We were on a road trip, in the backseat. They rolled all of their windows down so they could smoke cigarettes and my friend Nathan stuck his head out of the window to get some fresh air. My brother didn't know it and when he was done with his cigarette, he rolled all the windows up.

It happened so fast, yet it was like it was in slow motion. We were teenagers, which is why he didn't sustain any serious injuries.

JADIEBUG
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Automatic windows. It surprisingly happens often. Poor kid.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM

My dad used to roll them up on our arms to scare us, but a four year old?  WTH, my dd can't get her head out of the window in her seat.  Shoot, I always watch when I roll her window up anyway...

Quoting alwayskk:

That happened to a friend of mine once. We were on a road trip, in the backseat. They rolled all of their windows down so they could smoke cigarettes and my friend Nathan stuck his head out of the window to get some fresh air. My brother didn't know it and when he was done with his cigarette, he rolled all the windows up.

It happened so fast, yet it was like it was in slow motion. We were teenagers, which is why he didn't sustain any serious injuries.

With light and love

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Yeah it can happen with automatic windows. And doors...a child's hand or arm can get trapped in a closed car door with automatic locks and then they have to unlock before getting the kid out.  I HAVE accidently closed my hand in a car door with an automatic lock...and I almost passed out from the pain but did manage to unlock the door after almost dropping the keys. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Yeah it can happen with automatic windows. And doors...a child's hand or arm can get trapped in a closed car door with automatic locks and then they have to unlock before getting the kid out.  I HAVE accidently closed my hand in a car door with an automatic lock...and I almost passed out from the pain but did manage to unlock the door after almost dropping the keys. 

OMG, OWWWWW =0(

Glad I don't have one of those!

With light and love

MultiPara
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM
It happens. He could have been leaning on the door and pushed the button himself on accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheshireCat420
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Poor kiddo :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Could have been parked with the car not going and let get out of the seat...while say waiting in a car pick up line or somewhere else...and knelt on the window mechanism while sticking his head out of the car.  And Mom could have been watching or reading or anything..it can happen easier than one things and it have a plausible explanation that does not involve neglect but is a tragic accident.  Or it could be neglectful parenting. Either one is possible.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

My dad used to roll them up on our arms to scare us, but a four year old?  WTH, my dd can't get her head out of the window in her seat.  Shoot, I always watch when I roll her window up anyway...

Quoting alwayskk:

alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Do you think it was done on purpose or something?

The story said they were in a parking lot, so I just assumed that the boy was not yet in his carseat.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting alwayskk:

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM

like you can turn on your radio or use your windows with the engine not running and jus the key turned to alt/but not cranked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)