Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seem like a reasonable visitation schedule? * answers on page 2*

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 38 Replies

Every other weekend

Friday at 12 pm to Sunday at 7 pm

Friday at 7 pm to Monday at 7 am

Keep child on Holiday Mondays until 7 pm

Can come take him 1 day /any day during the week for a few hours

Can take him any afternoon that he has off and return him by 7 if school night

Birthdays

Child's birthday

either divide the time in half or share the time together

Parents Birthdays

Child spends time with parent on their birthday

(Father's Bday is Christmas so I don't want him spending the entire day obv.)

Holidays

Father and guests are welcome to come celebrate on any holiday

Easter

Mother has Child until 12 pm father has child from 12 pm - on depending on weekend

Mothers Day

Child is brought over to visit with mother in the morning before work

Fathers day

Child spends day with father and possibly night depending on the weekend

Halloween

Both parents take child trick or treating.  Take turns picking the location

Thanksgiving

Mother has child until 3 pm and father has child from 3 pm Thursday until 7pm Sunday

Christmas/ eve

Father has child christmas eve from 330-730

Mother has child until 12 pm and father has child from 12 on with possibility of more days depending day of the week it falls on.

All school vacations are 50/50 split unless vacations plans are made in advance and mother is willing to work around father's snow removal schedule.

The reason that I'm writing this out is because he's going for more visitation and what he had was too intensive for me so we're going to get together.  I wanted to propose this to him.

We've always done joint holidays and birthdays without issue.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamayang
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

The only thing I"m confused about is the weekend thing. does he have EVERY weekend with the child, the times just rotate every other weekend?

JZB
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM

seems reasonable

Quoting mamayang:

The only thing I"m confused about is the weekend thing. does he have EVERY weekend with the child, the times just rotate every other weekend?

madcrazymom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM
^^ that's my question too. Why would you want your child gone every weekend*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Trick or treating.... do you want to spend every single Halloween with your exhusband ?  What happens when one or both has another partner.... why not just alternate years or something ?

Also Xmas Eve... 330-730, that is awfully early.  Do you all work on Xmas Eve ?  If no what happens if you change jobs ?  I work in Administration and almost always have to work till 5 on Xmas Eve.  Id be screwed.

kenziewenzie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

The anyday during the week sounds a little strange.  I would do set days unless you don't see the anyday being an issue later on down the road.  It seems that there is a lot of back and forth on the holidays. 

Hope it works out ok for you.

Willis_Mommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM
That's the most crazy vistiation I have ever seen

It won't work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

My exhusband and I alternate entire holidays... one year he has Xmas Day and I have Xmas Eve... then we switch.  We do that we every single big holiday.  Make is easier for the back and forth so we can enjoy the day with the kids.

miss_lisa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Looks fine to me, the only thing I would change is possibly rotating holidays. BUT if this works for you guys, I say do it.

Willis_Mommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM
This and we don't have the parents bday in it

Quoting Fairegirl33:

My exhusband and I alternate entire holidays... one year he has Xmas Day and I have Xmas Eve... then we switch.  We do that we every single big holiday.  Make is easier for the back and forth so we can enjoy the day with the kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Quoting kenziewenzie:

The anyday during the week sounds a little strange.  I would do set days unless you don't see the anyday being an issue later on down the road.  It seems that there is a lot of back and forth on the holidays. 

Hope it works out ok for you.

That's pretty standard actually. Most states have a "one day during the week" portion in their minimum visitation guidelines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)