Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got my disability rating...............

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

While I was in the Army I was diagnosed with kidney diesease.  I have to manage the pain with pain meds and I have issues from it.  I decided to put in for disability (through the military (va))  I just got my letter stating I get 30 percent!!  I am so excited!  I will get a check once a month, but I will be covered medically forever!  

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingwifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Bump

lovingwifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

bumping my post shamelessly again.

Rene04
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Sounds like great news.  YAY!

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Thats awesome news!

pasteeater
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I don't know what 30 percent means, in this case of course.  But yay congrats!!!

jodyann2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM
I know that's not very much.. my dh and I are still waiting for his percentage ... it has taken A year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingwifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

oh, for the Veterans affairs.  It starts at 0% and goes up to 100%.  I will recieve medical care, like if I (heaven forbid) need a transplant it will be covered 100%.  ALl my medical care is taken care of.  I also recieve a check for roughly 400 a month.(a little more)

Quoting pasteeater:

I don't know what 30 percent means, in this case of course.  But yay congrats!!!

jodyann2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM
We are hopefully getting 70 %... that's awesome that you will have the medical covered
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingwifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Wow!  I put my claim in at the end of June.  Is he claiming more than one thing?  They said if it is more than one claim it takes longer.  I got a good rater, it took him 8 days after recieving everything.  30% is more than we thought I would get!  It is 450 something a month!

Quoting jodyann2:

I know that's not very much.. my dh and I are still waiting for his percentage ... it has taken A year!

MultiPara
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM

DF gets medical forever too, he had a knee injured while serving. He is also using the GI bill for his school now :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)