Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you pay your babysitter the same wether they are awake or asleep?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
this is in regards to occasional babysitter for either a date night or meeting or something along those lines.

So my friend has never used a babysitter before and was thinking that she should pay her less because the girls were sleeping. I always pay the same no matter what because I am taking up their time. They could be doing something else, but instead they are at my house watching my kids wether they are sleeping or not.

It just got me thinking what do other people do. So what do you do?
DIStickers.com Ticker
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM

They get paid the same

Mandiii04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Same rate no matter what. Unless they are staying later than 10. Then they get extra for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM

The exact same. Kids don't always stay alseep and you are taking up their time still.

hippiemamaof2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM

i get paid 50 bucks for overnight  sitting... usually that includes dinner, a couple hours of playtime, breakfast, and a couple hours in the am. 

umm, I'd pay the same no matter what though. I believe. 

-Shanna: A SAHM whose slightly sarcastic, has bad days like everyone else, still nurses her toddler who was birthed on her bedroom floor, is an army wife, is in love with all things Harry Potter, and has a weird obsession with cloth diapers.
peacach.milis
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM
my sitter used to stop charging me when he went to sleep-bc she would have been home anyway since her daughter was there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Bump
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM
I always got paid the same. 10 an hr. Or depending on how dunk they where when they got home I got paid more Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikisazombie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM
No, it is the same. I would think. I never got paid less if the kid was sleeping. *shrug*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Always the same
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikisazombie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM
Same here! And the mom I babysat for... she was so cool! She'd pick me up (even though I had a car? I think I was on her way anyways) and get burgers for the three of us (me and the kids), and I'd play with them (they were soooo sweet!), put them to bed and chill. It was a sweet gig! And yeah, she paid me 50 for it. I would NOT take 50 to watch the child that I'm watching currently. But he's also a lot more active, and I do a LOT more work.

Quoting hippiemamaof2:

i get paid 50 bucks for overnight  sitting... usually that includes dinner, a couple hours of playtime, breakfast, and a couple hours in the am. 

umm, I'd pay the same no matter what though. I believe. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)