Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would it bother u if

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
U lived next door (two houses away, we live in d country so i cant see his house from mine) to a self proclaimed natzi? I have had little contact with the guy. I saw him and his father once this last mothers day, we were in line at a gas station, his dad cut infront of me no big deal. Saw him again another time at a local bar and he was wearing an arian nation shirt with a list of all the ralleys he had been to. Other than that we havent really had any contact with the guy. However i take the kids in their stroller walking around the neighborhood occasionally and sometimes i take a route wich requires me to walk down his street. ( we live on windy roads with no sidewalks, his street is the next street down from mine and it is a side street with alot less traffic.) he made a comment to my neighbor who told me ( i dont know why she told me) that he gets irritated when "other types if people" walk down his street. Would that bother u? And if it did woukd u do n e thing about it? Would u not walk down the street? I have not let it affect me in any way. I still walk that way if i feel luke it but if it is a slwer time of day with less cars i go another way. I kind of feel sorry for the guy because i know a few years ago he was drunk driving with his wife and best freind and got in a wreck. Hus wife and freind died and ever since then he has gotten more vocal with neighbors about his racist oppinions. i almost feel like i want to just say hi and hope that once he meets us he will see we are just normal people. But that may be considered putting fuel on the fire. What would u ladies do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bearsbabies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Sorry for typos im mobile. As for spelling i just cant spell lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacach.milis
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM
as long as he's not acting on his opinions and is just a loud-mouthed douche, i wouldn't worry about it and just to amuse myself i'd probably think about all the inconsistencies in his theories. i've run into a few neo-nazis and the funny thing is-they don't realize who they're supposed to hate and why. they're just so ignorant i can't even take them seriously so i just let them spout of their ignorance and laugh to myself about it. i don't let people like that get me down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I wouldn't do anything about it.  He doesn't seem to be hurting/bothering you (other than you don't like his beliefs)

hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM
I wouldn't let it bother me. And I wouldn't stop walking that way either, unless I thought he was a threat of some kind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearsbabies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM
U know i am ignorant about alot of things. Who are they supposed to hate and why lol. Just black people or everyone without blond hair and blue eyes? I dont even know lol Thats kinda why i just want to bake the guy some fuckin cookies and say hey am i someone u really hate or can we just b good lol.

Quoting peacach.milis:

as long as he's not acting on his opinions and is just a loud-mouthed douche, i wouldn't worry about it and just to amuse myself i'd probably think about all the inconsistencies in his theories. i've run into a few neo-nazis and the funny thing is-they don't realize who they're supposed to hate and why. they're just so ignorant i can't even take them seriously so i just let them spout of their ignorance and laugh to myself about it. i don't let people like that get me down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearsbabies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I would just leave him alone unless he threatens you in some way.   I am not one to stir the hornets nest.

RedRozeMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM
We lived next door to somebody like that. Hubbie is a different race than I, so it was entertaining for us. Some of the conversations we used to overhear were crazy...and we used to make fun of them. For the most part they kept to themselves....and no we didn't get along.

Interesting thing...the man had a heart attack right in his front yard. Hubbie called 911 while I did cpr on him. Man thanked us later...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I would live my life as though he doesn't exist.

alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I live in Houston. I'm surrounded by people with prejudiced and bigoted beliefs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)