Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you tell if people are wearing a wig/fake hair?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 34 Replies

I have been wearing my wig lately, because it is finally cool enough to wear it without wanting to die.

It makes me curious to know if people can tell off the bat if you didn't know me..

I NEVER even thought about it. I would notice obvious weaves and stuff, but I never even thought to notice a wig or hair extensions....

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I don't pay attention. I wouldn't guess you were wearing a wig. My grandmother wears one, and it looks good. My husband didn't know...haha sorry had a funny memory there.

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

some you can notice right away, others it take a few minutes to figure it out, and then some are SUPER GOOD and that you can not tell!

GardenChic

AMsMommy212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

From that picture I can't tell.

Mandiii04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Not always. I can tell if they're wearing a cheap one though. My mil had one that looked natural, unless you knew her you'd never would've known it was a wig.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarshy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Quoting Schleetle:

I don't pay attention. I wouldn't guess you were wearing a wig. My grandmother wears one, and it looks good. My husband didn't know...haha sorry had a funny memory there.

LOl poor granny

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

It depends. on the weave, and the wig. the expensive ones and the ones that are well put in you cant tell. But the cheap ones  you can tell very well

kayandjsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

this

Quoting gardenchic:

some you can notice right away, others it take a few minutes to figure it out, and then some are SUPER GOOD and that you can not tell!

ILive4This
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I can usually spot 'em a mile away.

smarshy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Here is the top.

I was being silly. I am leaning forward a lot though lol

bearsbabies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM
But my mom has a wig and she sometimes wears it. We took a family pic once and a freind of mine who has never met my mom called it on the spot?! I was shocked i would have never noticed esp if i didnt know the person

Quoting AMsMommy212:

From that picture I can't tell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)