• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant on Depo?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 29 Replies

Has it happened to you or do you know anyone who has gotten pregnant while on the Depo shot?

I have been on it for about 6 months now and I know it's reliable but I can't stop worrying that it will fail because I have gotten pregnant on bc twice and I do not want anymore kids right now, if ever. And I have been really nervous the last few days because I have been having all these symptoms that I usually get at the beginning of a pregnancy..... but I'm sure I'm not pregnant, it has just made me think about it and worry more! I guess I don't really trust any bc anymore. I just found out that my thyroid is messed up so I'm pretty sure that most of it is because of my thyroid.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

BUMP!

JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Nobody?!

momma-flynn

I've been on Depo for almost 7 years now. I get random feelings like I'm pregnant, but I've always tested negative. I don't even buy a test anymore if I'm scared. I just wait til I go to the dr to test. 

JenMarie2007

BUMP!

mommy259
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I was on it for 3 years after my first and didn't get prego until i stopped using it, I was on it for 2 years after my second and didn't get prego until i went off it

JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM

BUMP!

JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM
I got pregnant on depo not once, but TWICE...my son, and one I miscarried. After that I also got pregnant with my youngest while on the pill. It has since been determined that hormonal birth control has no effect on my body. I got my tubes tied after my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Wow.... that's crazy!

Quoting kiddycat73:

I got pregnant on depo not once, but TWICE...my son, and one I miscarried. After that I also got pregnant with my youngest while on the pill. It has since been determined that hormonal birth control has no effect on my body. I got my tubes tied after my youngest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)