• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To harsh or not?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM
  • 35 Replies

So my kid comes home with a discipline notice. Note she's only in first grade. Her and 7 other girls had another student (boy) caught. They were pulling on his shirt choking him made his neck red and sore. Had bruises from being pinced and also they were kicking and twisting his arms! Now this is the same little boy that was a bully to them last year but in NO way is them doing this appropriate I know! They all have lunch and recess detention for the rest of the week. I on top of it have taken away everything in her room but her bed, she's lost game time, tv privlages, her smelly pencial money, gotten a spanking from me and is being made to wrtie letters of appology to the duty teacher, her teacher, the principal, the boy and to the boy's parents! The principal told them if there is a next time they would all get 3 swats to which I informed her if it happened again I would double the 3 and she would loose everything for at least 6 months!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soon2bemomof307
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Well if you have to ask.....

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:57 PM

The only thing I can see as a bit harsh, but you've already done it, is the emptying of the room.  I just say that, because that should be used as a later punishment for something abit more severe.

mommy259

Not to harsh at all....I think what you are doing is great nip it in the but now, before it gets worse....I feel really bad for that little boy and I know his parents are probably fuming right now! They could have really hurt that little boy by choking him

soon2bemomof307

I'm assuming you think it was.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM
The principle said she will swat them all 3 times? I would be fumming if my DD principle said she would swat my DD. but to answer your question, I dont think your punishment is too harsh
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM
This

Quoting emilysmom8:

The principle said she will swat them all 3 times? I would be fumming if my DD principle said she would swat my DD. but to answer your question, I dont think your punishment is too harsh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I was assuming that she goes to a private school & that is accepted at their school.

Quoting emilysmom8:

Vixcalamity
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM
I think it shouldn't have happened ans I don't think YOU were to harsh. Although for a first offense I might have left our the spanking. If it was the second time I would probably spank. Also, does the school spank them? I wouldn't have that. Not at all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Same

Quoting dandylynes:

The only thing I can see as a bit harsh, but you've already done it, is the emptying of the room.  I just say that, because that should be used as a later punishment for something abit more severe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM

sounds fair to me!!! being bullied does not excuse bullying!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)