Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question.... who's the idiot?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

If something is completely normal in Europe..

and Looked down upon In America...

(sexuality, alcohol, art, )

Who is the idiot?

Or are they just different styles of living?

Photobucket

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM
I think its just different cultures and ways of living.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I don't think cultural aspects make people idiots.

That brings us to the question of whether one culture can be deemed 'better' than another.

Let's take Africa, for example. Almost all of the problems they have in Africa can be traced back to their culture. War, AIDS, agriculture, genocide, all of these are related to their cultural beliefs. However, if they polled Africans and polled Americans, I have no doubt that Africans would report themselves as generally happier over all, with a more positive outlook on themselves and life in general, than Americans. Ever watched documentaries about Africa? They're always so positive and hopeful as a people. They place high value on family and find their strength there. Who are we to say that their culture is inferior just because they are a 3rd world country?

southernjess3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM

i think some french women are idiots. regardless of the culture what woman WANTS hairy pits?? lmao

FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM

1,000 ways to skin a cat - but generally Im of European thinking. This country was founded on protestant beliefs and as much as we stomp and protest that we've evolved the truth at the end of the day is we all have large rods stuck up our asses after 400 years.

MistyBlueMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Just different cultures.If you are so fond of how they live in Europe,then,please,by all means,pack up your stuff and go live over there.All of us "idiots" will just stay here in the US.

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Quoting southernjess3:

i think some french women are idiots. regardless of the culture what woman WANTS hairy pits?? lmao

lol I don't know what it was like in the 50's but now most french women shave all over...

Photobucket

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Quoting MistyBlueMom:

Just different cultures.If you are so fond of how they live in Europe,then,please,by all means,pack up your stuff and go live over there.All of us "idiots" will just stay here in the US.

you don't even know what to be mad at huh... you just wanna be mad...

I was the one who was called an idiot for doing things in a more european way... and I have lived in France many times...

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)