Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone have a left handed child?????????

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 42 Replies

at what age did you realize they were left handed?  does it/did it cause them any problem ? and did you have to do anything special to accomadate it?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM

one of my dds is. just like one of my brothers is. i have always known she was a lefty. as a baby she ate with her left hand. held her bottle with her left hand. shes now 3.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM

yes dd, not really we noticed about 2 when she started writing/drawing. We dont have to do anything special but it makes me crazy to look at her write.

1mommy2him
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM

My son is 2 now and I knew since he was about 6 months old and really started doing everything with his left hand. So far I havent had to change anything but it could change when he starts school or starts writing for that matter as I am right handed.

soon2bemomof307
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Yes my oldest son is. I noticed about 2 when he started using a spoon and fork. He hasn't had any problems because of it. No, nothing special needed. Now we can't have him sit close to others while eating or writing because they bump each other. My daughter and other son are right handed.

mamatocaleb
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I am! The only things my mom did different was buy me left handed scissors and if we went out to eat my mom sat next to me because she's left handed too. Otherwise nothing much was a problem!

starmoonmom

I am a leftie & so are 2 of my kids. Around 2-3yrs it was pretty obvious. My oldest is ambidextrous, didn't really figure that out till he was in kinder.  We haven't had to do anything different, that I am aware of.

kellybean44

One of my three is left handed. We noticed when she was about 6 or 7 months that she was using her left hand to grab at things. She is now 5 years old.

I am left handed and the only two things that have ever been a problem has been using binders because of the rings (I simply just took the paper out of the binder while using it) and in school they only ever had right handed gym equipment (hockey sticks, etc)

Its no big deal.

ISAIAHMOM632007
My son is 4 and I realized like at 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM
My son is left handed. We noticed he favored his left hand very early on...maybe around 8 or 9 months we noticed he grabbed for things with his left, held his bottle with his left, etc...he is 13 now, and has no problems except for awful penmanship lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myangels2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM
My kids are not, but I am.....not two wory tho I turnned out jus find.

;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)