Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel taken advantage of...or am i overrracting

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
My friend is going through a hard divorce. Her stbx took one of their vehicles and left my friend with one. Since her daughter is in the same school and grade as my son(they are across the hall from each other) so i told my friend that since i pick my kids every day i could pick her daughter up on the condition that she was working. She recently lost her job but because she was "looking" for a job i picked her daughter up. Well two weeks ago my van broke so i have been taking the bus and her new roommate would sometimes meet me at the school but not always. It literally takes me 2 hours to ride the bus with the four kids and then i have to walk a half mile to her house and a half mile back wait 15-30 minutes for the next bus, transfer to yet another bus and walk a half mile to my apartment. Mind you, i have not gotten a single damn phone call from my friend to let me know when she does or doesn't work. She doesn't give me a schedule or tell me anything. No text nothing. I don't find out if i will have a ride until no-one shows up to get me. Hopefully my car will be fixed tomorrow and Im honestly thinking of telling her to take me off her daughters pick up list. Btw this isn't the first time that she has done this to me. I just feel like I'm being taken advantage of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM
I would tell her to take me off the list
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM

You should have called her when your van broke and said "Im sorry I can't take your kid home until my van is fixed"

and left it at that - what you were doing was absolutely ridiculous.

She is obviously someone who will take an offer of generosity and abuse it.

britt6
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Quoting chloesmama_2007:

My friend is going through a hard divorce. Her stbx took one of their vehicles and left my friend with one. Since her daughter is in the same school and grade as my son(they are across the hall from each other) so i told my friend that since i pick my kids every day i could pick her daughter up on the condition that she was working. She recently lost her job but because she was "looking" for a job i picked her daughter up. Well two weeks ago my van broke so i have been taking the bus and her new roommate would sometimes meet me at the school but not always. It literally takes me 2 hours to ride the bus with the four kids and then i have to walk a half mile to her house and a half mile back wait 15-30 minutes for the next bus, transfer to yet another bus and walk a half mile to my apartment. Mind you, i have not gotten a single damn phone call from my friend to let me know when she does or doesn't work. She doesn't give me a schedule or tell me anything. No text nothing. I don't find out if i will have a ride until no-one shows up to get me. Hopefully my car will be fixed tomorrow and Im honestly thinking of telling her to take me off her daughters pick up list. Btw this isn't the first time that she has done this to me. I just feel like I'm being taken advantage of.

While I understand your frustration why the heck would you be giving out such conditions to someone who is going through such a hard divorce? It is kinda obvious she needs to find work so why tell her to,why make it a condition? I am not trying to be a complete butthole here just wondering why? Also was there no one that could have given you guys a ride so you wouldn't have to ride the bus? Good thing your vehicle will be fixed soon. No matter what that kid needs to make it to school,he needs someone to step up for him,why not you,you're doing it anyways. Sometimes doing things without reward or payment in return  are the most rewarding.

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I would say something. It's one thing to help out, but you shouldn't be expected to do it all the time. It's not your responsibility.

2lilboysmommyR
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Yep! She sounds like she is taking advantage of you.

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

I would tell her to take me off the list
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosxjun88

I definitely get it when it comes to riding the bus. It can be a big pain in the ass, I depended on the bus since I was 15 to get around to school and work. I would tell your friend its just too much work on your part, definitely sounds like she is taking advantage of you. Cut it off now, the sooner the better.

jasminesmom09

this is what I would have done.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

You should have called her when your van broke and said "Im sorry I can't take your kid home until my van is fixed"

chloesmama_2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM
In my defense (lol) i informed her as soon as the van broke. That's when she volunteered to pick me up and the kids up. It would either be her or her roommate but this is the second time i was "forgotten" and my van broke on a Friday so she had the whole weekend to find her daughter a ride. Also, she lost her job due to her stbx and found another 10 days later and again lost that due to her stbx. And as soon as her daughters teacher sees me she hands gaby to me no matter what i say

Quoting jasminesmom09:

this is what I would have done.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

So wait... They had two vehicles and the guy took one of them... Soooo why can't she take her kid to school especially since she is looking for a job?

Either way, she is taking advantage of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)