• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a call from a creditor today...vent

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

On a bill that she said was a couple years old!!!!

THAT I PAID!!!

I remember the exact amount and who it was paid to. It was a dr bill. The woman I talked to said she was going to send them a request asking them to check their files. I told her about the time period I paid it. I would have paid it in full around Feb or March of 2010. The service was in 2009 and for the last 2 years at tax time I've paid off dr bills. I have NOT recieved ANY letters or notices about it since PAYING IT!!

So it HAS to be an error on the dr's end. I don't get things or have services done and NOT pay for them. Its why I have great credit! 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazyBeautiful.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM

BUMP!

storkradio193
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Frustrating.  I hope you kept your receipts or statements just in case you need it. 

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

That pisses me off....

last year, my MIL started recieving bills for a credit card that was in my husband's name. it was going to her PO Box.. the same one all of his mail went to before he moved out. This card had been paid off and canceled for almost 10 years. They wanted us to pay them 25,000$  because they have no record of us paying it and they say they couldn't find us. Well, that PO Box hasn't changed and we hadn't heard from them since the day I called and canceled it.. bleh.

CrazyBeautiful.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I should have a receipt in my email. If not then its on my bank statement since I paid with my debit card. I always keep things like this for JUST IN CASE.

Quoting storkradio193:

Frustrating.  I hope you kept your receipts or statements just in case you need it. 

CrazyBeautiful.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Looks like people need to learn to keep better records or hire people who can. 

Quoting Kaelansmom:

That pisses me off....

last year, my MIL started recieving bills for a credit card that was in my husband's name. it was going to her PO Box.. the same one all of his mail went to before he moved out. This card had been paid off and canceled for almost 10 years. They wanted us to pay them 25,000$  because they have no record of us paying it and they say they couldn't find us. Well, that PO Box hasn't changed and we hadn't heard from them since the day I called and canceled it.. bleh.

bklaser
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I would suggest pulling your credit report, and things that are old, or you have paid and are just lurking... get a hold of them and ask for them to verfiy the debt in question. 

CrazyBeautiful.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Thats what the creditor said she was going to do. I will most def be pulling my credit report! 

Quoting bklaser:

I would suggest pulling your credit report, and things that are old, or you have paid and are just lurking... get a hold of them and ask for them to verfiy the debt in question. 

alotta_fagina
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM
How did you pay? Check or credit card?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Hopefully they get it figured out

CrazyBeautiful.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

With my debit card. So it will be on my bank statement. 

Quoting alotta_fagina:

How did you pay? Check or credit card?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)