Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

Am I the only one whose husband would be upset/hurt if I found out I was pregnant and he didn't even know I was taking a test?  I am just wondering because I see all of these women on here asking how they should tell their husbands, and while I know my husband would still be ecstatic, I know he would be hurt as well.  

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcsg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM

When I was pregnant with my last, I didn't tell him I was taking a test because I really wasn't sure how he would react.  It was a very bad time then.  My fears were shortlived though.  He wasn't thrilled with the timing, but what could he do?  2 years later and we can't imagine our family without our little guy. 

ZoeCY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I will admit though I am kind of jealous! haha It would be nice to have just me know for a little while (even just 5 minutes haha), plus people always come up with such cute ideas to tell their husband!

nicmain
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I took tests all three times before telling my husband. He didnt get upset at all. Actually I was shocked the first time though and I made my husband pee on one of my extra tests to make sure they weren't faulty. I told him after I took the first test though.

MORGANO
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM

i think if it was something we were trying for my dh would be upset not to know i was going to take a test until afterward.with our ds it wasnt planned so i didnt tell him before i took the test.i took it then went to him while he was playing xbox and told him.lol he just sat there for a minute not saying or doing anything but was happy after it sank in.

mommyof32006
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I usually took the test and then told df the results, if he needed to know LOL.  The only test he knew I was going to take was the one he bought and brought home to me because he insisted I was pregnant...he was right!

SevysMomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I think you're a fucking jerkoff if you test and find out you are pregnant without your husband there. Unless of course it's a crazy situation like the dumb a is in the military or something. But I think even then you can find a way to do it so as to include him.

phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM

so let me see if i understand.  a person is a jerk off is they take a test without their s/o there,  and the ones in the military are dumbasses?

Quoting SevysMomma:

I think you're a fucking jerkoff if you test and find out you are pregnant without your husband there. Unless of course it's a crazy situation like the dumb a is in the military or something. But I think even then you can find a way to do it so as to include him.

ZoeCY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Maybe that's the difference, we are TTC.  And it probably doesn't help that I was told it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant and he knows it is hard on me when I take a test and it is negative.

Quoting MORGANO:

i think if it was something we were trying for my dh would be upset not to know i was going to take a test until afterward.with our ds it wasnt planned so i didnt tell him before i took the test.i took it then went to him while he was playing xbox and told him.lol he just sat there for a minute not saying or doing anything but was happy after it sank in.

mom-2-4boys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I took the home tests and told him after. We were trying and if the test was negative I would have felt bad.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Idk, dh is the one with the money, so it would be hard not to tell him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)