• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is a F&**ing douche *EDIT*

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM
  • 44 Replies

A friend of mine called me today asking me if I can "hide" her little sister. Her sister is 16 and has a 6/7 month old baby. Well their dad go onto her computer and read emails that her and her sister were writing back and forth about how the younger sister needed to get emancipated and leave their dad's house. Their dad is very controlling and my friend found out today that he has been pushing her sister and taking her son away from her and making her beg him to allow her to have her son back. Well their dad said she could leave but she wasn't taking her son so she stayed. I have no idea what to do to help her. my friend is trying to find a place for her sister to go but until then she needs somewhere to take her son and hide :(

Edit

** OK so her sister found her a safe place to go. They are going to help her get all the stuff she needs and the cops were informed about all of it so he can't claim her as a run away**

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allabout11708
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Stay out of it. Not saying that to be mean. Buy def not something you want to a part of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM
I know you want to help, but make sure they can't say it's kidnapping. KWIM. Other then that I would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Have to agree. Is there mother or other family can get involed

Quoting allabout11708:

Stay out of it. Not saying that to be mean. Buy def not something you want to a part of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carmenclrk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Her best bet is to confide in a counselor and get help that way...Its a legal way at the age of 16 to be able to make sure her and the baby are safe when she leaves cause if he calls the cops on her then she could be considered a runaway and they will just take her back home...

barefootncrazy

Yeah! As sad as the situation is you don't want to be in the middle of something like that. It will probably turn out very ugly and then you will have him coming after you.

Quoting allabout11708:

Jellibean06
Help her out. The dad has no right to keep his daughters baby from her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
accidental.love

well I know legally I can take the baby because I have his mom's permission but I am afraid that her dad will hurt her badly if I do :(

Quoting Momsthename0609:

I know you want to help, but make sure they can't say it's kidnapping. KWIM. Other then that I would help.

mom2four1978
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Did the girl post here earlier today?

2_boys_1_girl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I say help, and get her counseling while you help her, start the process of emancipation, and have her get a restraining order. Also if you talk to victims advocacy they have shelters for this kind of thing, get her to one of those! She doesn't have to live with you to be able to be safe, GET HER TO A SHELTER!

accidental.love
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

her mom is a bitch and said she needed to suck it up even though she told her mom he was hitting her

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Have to agree. Is there mother or other family can get involed

Quoting allabout11708:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)