Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do to help with cramps? TMI

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM
  • 25 Replies
I got off BC pills about 4 months ago for after being on them for 4 1/2 years before that another 4 years. and now the cramps are horrible;( and the bleeding is even worse! It only last 4-5 days but the first 2 days If I stand in the shower it pours out! Do you have any remedies or anything that you do to help ease the pain? I've already taken 4 midols but it hasn't touched the pain not even a little;(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM
i've always taken aleve! it helps with the pain and blood...it did me anyway. thats all i've found that actually helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Thermacare heat patches that you can stick on and they last 8 hours.  Also if you wear tampons they can make cramps worse.

sweetalli07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Try a heating pad. It always helps me.

SevysMomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

WORK OUT!! Activity and raising tempurature and sweating and all that stuff is proven to help reduce cramping pain. And it's ALWAYS worked amazing for me. Just stand up and walk around.

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM
I never get cramps, but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I take 800mg iburprofen, take a hot bath then if I'm still cramping, cuddle with a heating pad. Lol.

My cramping is only a few hours the first day but so painful it has made me vomit many times.

reese1206
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Essential Oils.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

If you have sensitive skin, don't use these. I tried them for my back pain and it stung my back really bad and I had to take it off after 20 mins or so.

But yes, I noticed tampons make my cramps a lot worse. So, it feels nasty, but if you're cramping isn't an all day everyday of your period, just use overnight pads. Trust me, I know it feels nasty but it helps alleviate some of the pain.

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Thermacare heat patches that you can stick on and they last 8 hours.  Also if you wear tampons they can make cramps worse.

artsygirl2010
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
i take menstrual anti cramp homeapathy pills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

A heating pad may help. Before I was on BC pills I used to get really bad back aches and cramps and heat always helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)