Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaked out, 31 weeks pregnant and got my first round of steroids today.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had to go for a biophysical profile for the baby yesterday.  They were running so far behind that I had to leave so I could pick up my children from school.  On the way to my house I called the doctor to see if they would have the results yesterday or today and the nurse told me to go back to L&D.  She told me my fluid was low and I needed to be monitored.  I got a liter of fluid and almost 2 hours on the monitor.  I was told to come back to day for another ultrasound and more monitoring.

Today showed that my fluid was at 5.8 so I got more and they put me back on the monitors.  The doctor recommended steroids in case we can't get the fluid to come back up and they have to take her early or in case I go into preterm labor.  I'm freaked out at this point, it doesn't seem like the fluids I got last night did anything.  I drink constantly, at times it seems like I can't get enough to drink.  I just don't understand why her fluid is so low.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lovingwifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I am sorry Mama!

Those steriod shots hurt!  I got them with the twins!  I had two big bruises where I got the shots!  I had the twins at 29 weeks.  They were just fine!  Small but no lasting health issues!

mom2four1978
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I don't know anything about the fluids. I just want to wish you luck. I hope they can get your fluids up for you.

bluesky51201
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Thanks girls.  It was just a bad day.  They couldn't get my IV in, blew a vein, tried three or four times, ugh.  The tops of my hands hurt so bad.  I couldn't help it when they said steroids I broke down crying.  I'm so stressed wondering if she's going to be okay or how bad this really is.

hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM
I'm sorry

Its a good thing they are giving steroids thought. It will help with lung development. My DD was born at 26 weeks, and I had steroids at 24 & 25 weeks. She wad fine and was able to breath on only room air from the day she was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)