• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I borrow......

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do you ever ask your neighbors if you can borrow, or use something of theirs. Between me and two of my neighbors, we are always back and forth asking to borrow something or other. Today it was me asking to have two potatoes. The other day it was my neighbor asking me for a can of cream of mushroom soup. lol.

Do you borrow or swap things with your neighbors?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Yep often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I don't borrow from them, but we seem to be the go-to people for jumper cables....lol.

armywife009
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM

No, I don't even talk with my neighbors. No reason why, just hardly see them.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

No.  The store is so close that I can walk or drive if I'm out of something.  And my parents live 5 minutes away so they can bring stuff over too if needed.  I know my neighbors but I hate asking for favors. 

countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

All the time. Behind me is my grandmother, and to my left is her sister...my great aunt. To my right is an empty pasture. 

We borrow stuff all the time. We all have keys to each other's houses for in case we need stuff when we are not home. 

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Quoting strictmomhere:

No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Not really...I used to, before we moved a year ago. My neighbor was a store that my friend runs, and if I needed a special tool in the kitchen, instead of buying it, I'd run over and ask her. If she needed someone to watch the store for a few minutes, she'd come get me...

JenieceMojica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

not really but we do talk alot... she is a young mom 15 and she lives with her sister and mom

AHmom103
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Anytime ANYONE breaks down within a mile of our house, they stop here for help. lol. The last time, it was some teenage girl, her fourwheeler wouldn't start, and she needed us to pull it down the road so she could coast start it.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't borrow from them, but we seem to be the go-to people for jumper cables....lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)