Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips on getting rid of fleas?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
Our dogs have fleas! Yuck! We've tried bathing them and using the flea stuff from the vet. We've treated our yard so now I have to treat the inside of my house (mostly carpet) and the dogs again. Any tips on getting rid of fleas in the carpet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Justine on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM
I used bombers from raid remove animals from house set off come home 3 hours later no fleas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mermaidmommy11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

have you tried boric acid?

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

We know someone that works for a pest company. He said to vacuum everything (even hard wood, tile, etc). Cut up a flea collar and put it in the canister or the vacuum bag before you vacuum. He said it works better than anything.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM
When our lab got fleas we:
1-sprayed the yard
2- put him on Advantix
3-washed all of his bedding with hot water
4-sprinkled borax on the carpets, beds, etc. Let it sit for about an hour and then vaccumed.

Also, you have to break the life cycle, so you do all of this once and then 7 days later do it all over again(except for the advantix). If you spray, wash, etc it won't kill the eggs that were just hatched so you have to wait the 7 days and get the little bastards after they hatch and before they can lay eggs themselves. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM
I meant it won't kill the fleas that haven't hatched. I'm tired!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Bug bomb is the fastest way.

Or spray with the carpet spray and vacuum EVERY day. Empty the bag or clean out the plastic everyday also- otherwise they will crawl out.

pixxydust
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Table salt sprinkle heavely on carpets and let set over night vacuam in morning due for 7 days. Bathe all animals in blue dawn dish soap and wash animal bedding with dawn dish soap. Also put vinigar and water in spray bottle and spray around the bottom of furniture were fleas jump. Also take a flea collar cut it up and put in a countanier with holes and child animal proof it put under furniture. And by front door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BLW091104
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM

sprinkle sea salt ground almost to powder on the carpet, bedding, and furniture, leave for 12 hours then vacuum it dehydrates and kills fleas and larvae

two_dark_eyez
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Boric acid is the only thing that worked for us. We bombed 3 times and they were still here so we sprinkled some on the carpet and they were gone the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM
You need to keep up w/Frontline.

Do not use any other flea meds many do not kill the eggs or larvae; Frontline does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)