Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Are Your Halloween Plans?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Halloween is my FAVE holiday so I go all out for it. I take off the weekend of/before and do as much as we can! We do parties, take him trick or treating at the mall and then take him out TWICE in the neighborhood. We take him earlier in the evening at my dad's neighborhood-he lives in an AWESOME neighborhood where everyone goes all out and decorates and gives out king size candy bars. Plus, a lot of the neighbors do little haunted house things in their garage and backyards. Then we go somewhere else (and we all do costume changes). Last year my dad came along. It was awesome. DH thought I was nuts when he first met me because I decorated the shit out of his apartment, lol. His grandfather got a real kick of it, though. 

So, what are your plans? Does your community do anything fun for kids? 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
peacach.milis
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Oh, and my dad normally watches DS that night and DH and I camp out in his basement (which is normally obnoxiously decorated bc its got his bar down there and everything) and go out in the porch and hang out in the hot tub and watch horror movies on the tv on the deck and eat candy. Its like, my favorite day out of the year. 

peacach.milis
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

bump

deadlights86
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

We usually just take our boys trick or treating might go some friends of ours and their little boy. I would love to do more but dh works alot. And I can't handle 3 special needs kids all on my own. 

aliciaolynn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM
no one around us dies anything! they ate pretty lame..and my son says he's to old for trick or treating
but my husband and I go to a cool dress up party at this museum and it's roof top and all through out the exhibits and they make a haunted section ..so that's cool and keeps me excited for Halloween still..(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aliciaolynn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM
dies does
stupid phone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyk2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Its on a Monday so probably trick or treat and get the kids to bed at a decent time

Andreamarie76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM

We do the costume contest at the mall then to my sisters neighborhood for trick or treating , after that we go to another neighborhood that has a massive trick or treat and show off costumes area  :)

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
A Christian church does a carnival. I take him there. We walk and it only takes us about 5-10 minutes to get there.

I take him trick or treating twice too. Early at some rich neighborhood where they hand out give candy bars and bags and in our neighborhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)