• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice and opinioms...PLEASE!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm planning on going back to school in January for either computer programming or computer information technology. Dh completely supports me on going back to school and getting my degree and we both agree that I should wait to go back to work until I'm done with school. The only thing is I feel sooo guilty because I don't bring any money in. I haven't worked in a year, which is something we agreed on. I've been looking into getting my CNA instead because that is only 3 months. It's not really what I want to do and it's not a lot of money, but it' something. Just so you know, we're not struggling. Dh's check pays all of the bills, groceries and everything with some left over. My question is, do you think I should just get my CNA and get a job or go for something that I really want to do and that would make more money even though it would take longer? Oh, and we're able go afford everything without PA, not bashing anyone that is on it because I have been. Thanks ladies for any input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM
I would go with what I want and not settle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itty_bitty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM

i would do what you really want

Lacey_leo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Don't settle, a CNA is not worth it.

TarotMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
I suggest getting your education in what you want to spend time doing day in and day out for work. You say you have your DH's support and you can handle things financially so looks like your the only one holding you back. Just dive in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Thanks. This is what I've been thinking, but with feeling guilty because I don't make any money it was kind of making me doubt myself. And Dh just says "I'm ok with whatever you want".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Thank you, this is just what I needed to hear!

Quoting TarotMommy:

I suggest getting your education in what you want to spend time doing day in and day out for work. You say you have your DH's support and you can handle things financially so looks like your the only one holding you back. Just dive in!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ME_ME_ME
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

do what you want to do. don't settle. I would give anything to be able to go back to school and do something different with my life. but we are up to our eyeballs in debt and I have to go back to work just to make ends meet. this is an excellent opportunity you have. don't waist it.

shortyk2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Good luck with what ever you do

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM
I guess sometimes you need the opinions of perfect strangers to put things in perspective!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM
You're welcome! ;)

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Thank you, this is just what I needed to hear!

Quoting TarotMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)