Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to find a dog? edit with breed.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 19 Replies

We are looking for a specific breed, but don't want to buy from a breeder. How do you go about finding that?  We'd use the shelter, but no such luck...:/

Sorry for pregnancy brain. We are preferably looking for a st bernard, though a newfoundland or other "gentle giant" breed would be great as well. We have a newfoundland/lab mix that we just love, but she's lonely now that she's an only dog. So we're trying to find her a companion. She plays great with our three year old, but it's just not the same as a dog. I'm searching petfinder, but not much luck...We're in Idaho, but could easily travel to washington or montana...I just know that craigslist won't let people post animals (and they seem to be enforcing that rule strongly lately) and everyone in the classified ads are breeders... we found our newfie by accident. a friend of a friend of a friend's newfoundland got out and got pregnant, and we were able to get a puppy...not been so lucky during this search...

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelsmomma123
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM
What breed r u looking for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

petfinder.com, Rescue groups. What kind of dog are you looking for? You might come across breeders on petfinder though.

ermka
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

come to my house.. you can have mine :)

Schleetle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM
I agree with the first two suggestions.

Quoting littlebabybliss:

petfinder.com, Rescue groups. What kind of dog are you looking for? You might come across breeders on petfinder though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM

There are tons of breed specific rescue groups - what is your general location and what breed?

littlebabybliss

Why is my post yellow??

bebe_ju-rah
There are rescue groups for just about every breed. My parents got both of their boxers from a rescue league.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo

If you're in the philadelphia area and are looking for an older jack russel - let me know

Tatiana7
by Princess on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Read2Kids2Day
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM

PetFinder.com and you can search rescues cross country for the breed you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)