Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

me and dh went to a flea market over the weekand and I saw several women wearing save the ta tas shirts and ect plus I saw a guy wearing a I love boobies shirt,anyways it got me wondering,why do people think its ok for men/women to wear I love boobies stuff or to have ther pics took showing there boobs or all the other crazy stuff people do in the name of breast cancer.yet when a woman uses her what are suppose to be such precious boobs for what they was made for (bf) people think thats gross and dont wana see it and even ban it.and for the record Im not against the breast cancer stuff I just wonder why all that stuff is ok yet bf is not

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Daynaof3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Because people make no sense. It's silly, I think people who aren't around women who breastfeed feel uncomfortable with it because it's something new, that they aren't used to. Sad part is that breastfeeding is listed on the top ten ways to prevent breast cancer too.

mandksmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

i think an actual boob is different than a t-shirt or bracelet that says save the boobies...but i may be wrong.

.mysweetmelissa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM
I don't know. I don't know anyone in real life uncomfortable with bf'ing. We're public bf'ers in my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Quoting mandksmommy:

i think an actual boob is different than a t-shirt or bracelet that says save the boobies...but i may be wrong.

I agree.

RoyalBlossom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I don't get it either, I remember having this discussion. Why is it people think it makes more since for a child to drink cow's milk then it's own mothers milk. Seriously. Breast are made for feeding not flaunting.

couponlady148
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Quoting mandksmommy:

I saw where where a bunch of women had there pics took showing there boobs and it was published you can see it on the internet but I forgot the website,it was even in my local paper about it,the ladies had went through breast cancer and most had scars,so what I wonder is why is it ok to have picures of your boobs published for breast cancer and people want to look at them but when you bf no one wants to see that,Idk I have never bf personally but I just find it odd that no one wants to see boobs bf yet they do wana see boobs for breast cancer,even men wana see boobs yet they get all weird seeing a woman whip out a boob to bf,I just dont get it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)