• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

football players.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

if you live in the south you know that football here isnt just a game. its a way of life. high school football players and cheerleaders will always be the chosen ones. now, personally, i dont watch football. dont even understand the game. but i got three girls. i have atleast a 1 in 3 chance that by highschool, atleast one will cheer. i support it. i support football. i never really understood the concept of morphing a great football player. all that is changing this year. my oldest dd, almost 6, is cheering now. we get the excitement of practicing on the same feild as the football players. and i must say, its interesting. i got to observe my first football practice, as a parent. the boys ranged from i THINK 5-10? and immediatly they got into action. there wasnt playing around and acting up. with in 10 minutes of practice they had these kids running laps. in football gear. 5 year olds running laps with the coaches behind them saying if they didnt do it right, they would do it again. practice progressed, and over the sounds of the cheerleaders, were the sounds of the coaches screaming at the kids like grown men, as the kids pushed that thing with the coaches standing on it. and it REALLY occured to me that most of these kids were not only already being trained to BE football players, many were bred for it. and i imagined 10 years down the road, maybe my girl cheering, and i imagined being at a highschool football game with these kids. i no longer saw it as just a game. i saw it as many of these kids lives.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamaof2angles
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Yep, thats how it is here to we are in Flag,Small fry, High School, and College football right now my 8 year old plays and will be a hs football player
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:10 PM

BUMP!

Ann7227
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

That is my son he is 12 and has been playing since he was in 2nd grade. He use to cry if the team lost. This is his passion. He has said since he was 7 he is going to be a NFL player.  Right now he is in 7th and he is use to be the star. But since he is short the coach plays him as slot back not running back like he has played since 2nd grade.   Oh we had a coach that would tear into these boys but the kids never seemed to mind. lol Now running didn't affect the kids it was the Bear Crawls that kicked their butts. lol

FL2AK
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Our middle son is in his second year of playing and plays for his middle school. I love the fact that they have to learn teamwork, leadership skills, time management and motivation. Plus he knows that if he does not make good grades we won't let him play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM
I'm the only football fan in my house... And the only one with a vagina lol ;)

DS1 likes football, but would rather play baseball or golf.

DS2 wants to take dance lessons and guitar lessons.

DS3 wants to play polo and the piano.

Me... I ride hunter/jumpers and have dabbled in polo (hence DS3's wishes) and swimming. But I love my football teams! BAMA!!!! Huskers! Tulane and USM! Well, anyone who isn't LSU... Effing hate LSU lol. Purple n Gold muffin-topped rednecks! ROLL TIDE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)