Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you carry pepper spray?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you keep your kids safe around it? I mean, where do you keep it?

There is a guy in my apartment complex that's making me uncomfortable. And my husband is in boot camp so it's just me and my son. It's not a dangerous place and the only problem I have is with this guy.

My son is 19 months and gets into everything. I know to keep it out of his reach (duh) But are there any extra precautions any of you take to keep it away? Is the actual spray child proofed?

by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I can never find pepper spray! So I carry a little can of arosol perfume. You know those cheap things from the drug store? Stings terribly and smells bad :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mindy88
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't carry it, bump :)

arianna24
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Its illegal where I live but I have a dog spray that works just the same that's legal and I keep that. I keep it in my purse, DS it only 10 months so I don't have a problem yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ac10
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I found it online at Walmart for about 10-20 dollars. That's a good idea. Where do you keep it?

Quoting norahsmommy:

I can never find pepper spray! So I carry a little can of arosol perfume. You know those cheap things from the drug store? Stings terribly and smells bad :).

alwayskk
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:19 PM

They are not child proofed, but they have a safety just like a gun does. Go to an army supply store, or a gun shop.

I have one on my keychain, one in my car, and one by my entry way to my apartment.

The one on my keychain is the only one that my kids have gotten ahold of. Thankfully, we haven't had any accidents, but I just talk to them frequently about safety and how it could hurt them and we would have to go to the hospital, etc. It took a lot of talking before they understood and now they don't play with it.

SingleMomzRock
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM
I carry a firearm. F*** pepper spray. That isn't guaranteed to stop an assailant, but a .45 semi-automatic will.

When I'm out, it's in a shoulder holster. When I'm at home, it's locked in a safe with a touch-key combination.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:21 PM

No but I carry a stun gun.  My hubby got it for me to keep in my purse.

paaepae
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM

And a taser. :)

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM
I keep it in my purse now. I used to have one that could hook to my keychain but I don't have that one anymore and haven't found a replacement.

Quoting ac10:

I found it online at Walmart for about 10-20 dollars. That's a good idea. Where do you keep it?

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM

No. I carry a glick 21.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)