Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those who can't afford cloth diapers...

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 124 Replies

For those who can't afford the start up kit(or whatever it's called) for the cloth diapers, does that make them inferior in your eyes? We use disposable because that is what we could afford.  We also do it for convenience and I am sure that is the main reason for other moms as well. I could be wrong though.

I am asking if you who use cloth, look down on those who don't.

by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Most people can afford it. If you have your own washer and dryer, even CDing part time will help the diaper bill.

Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Either way--No I do not look down on anyone who chooses disposables. We have used both.

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM

We don't have our own washer and drer lol. This reminds me, I need to bring the clean clothes in.

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM
I use both.

Use what you can and have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Alexis on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought about using cloth, but that would have meant NO help with diaper changes and even more laundry than I already have. No thanks! I like my environmentally harmful disposables. lol.

BambiF
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM

You can build your stash gradually.  Or get prefolds off ebay for really cheap...less than a box of diapers.
I think that is a silly excuse not to do it, and I don't feel bad for people who complain about how expensive diapers are [sposies].  But at the same time I don't care if someone just doesn't want to, you know?

happymom629
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Um, I use disposables, but I don't think you need a "start up kit" for cloth LOL

You could just buy like 5 cloth ones for less than 20 bucks and keep washing them over and over

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I use disposable diapers because my daughter is disabled and her insurance pays for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom629
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM

For the record, where I live, the cloth diapers with be the "environmentally harmful" ones!!!

We are in a drought (Texas) and we need to conserve all the water we have :)

Quoting AHmom103:

I thought about using cloth, but that would have meant NO help with diaper changes and even more laundry than I already have. No thanks! I like my environmentally harmful disposables. lol.

mamagoomba09
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I would rather not use cloth. I'm not gonna pay 1.25 to wash and another buck and a quarter to flipping dry the dam diapers. screw that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN