Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you feel that black women get discriminated against the most?

Posted by   + Show Post
They face adversity due to being female and a minority race. They are very highly stereotyped, especially through media. I think if they are outspoken or passionate about anything at all, they are automatically labeled as an "angry black woman". What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Replies (61-70):
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Mexicans for sure too...

prissypoptart
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM
I know a lot of intelligent strong black women.. I think black men are stereo typed more, because of violence and crime. Black women have become strong because of some of the crap they have been through with men. If you need relationship advice. Ask a single black female. Lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla85
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM

LMAO, I know, I've told df that there are some very dark mexicans and he doesn't believe me LOL.

Quoting alwayskk:

I believe you. The further south you go, the fewer black people you see. Until you pass all the way through Mexico, lol.

Quoting karla85:

Brownsville is like 95% Mexican and about 4% white so the chances are very slim.

Quoting luvmyangel22:

you live in TEXAS and have never met a black woman? wow i live in texas and thats really crazy

Quoting karla85:

Nope, df is black but he moved to Texas for me, all his family is in Ohio. I mean, there is some black ladies in the school I go to, but I have never talked to one.

Quoting SophistiSlut:

You've never met a black woman? Like, ever?

Quoting karla85:

I've never actually met one so no idea but here is a bump

Anyanka
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM

No,  they don't get discriminated against the most. 

YeahSoWhat
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm black , some act this way and some don't , just like every other race some know better and some don't it, i think its more a matter of class tham race.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, we don't have our own TV station, because historically, it was always white people on TV unless the family had a maid or something. There's no need for it.

There are still schools in the south that are segregated, even here in TX. 

Look at our prisons. We have mountains of studies showing that if you're black, live in a certain part of the country, and are accused of a violent crime, you're up to 40% more likely to get the death penalty.

Look at the media....Black and hispanic children go missing allll the time...but it's the white kids whose stories get plastered all over the news.

The ways they are discriminated against aren't going to be obvious. It's not like people are going to say, "Yeah, I'm not hiring him because he's black."

Quoting luvmyangel22:

i personally have not. i just think in general. bc we as a nation try to be so pc that its okay to have a NCAAP, or BET network things of that nature with any race. But if you put a replace the minority race in those things with caucasion all hell would break loose.

but what are black people (muslims i see this) or mexican people held back from doing because of their skin color

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting luvmyangel22:

i think white people get discriminated against as much as any other race. honestly i do

I think we're discriminated against sometimes but I wouldn't say as  much as. I've never been in a situation where my skin color kept me from doing something, going somewhere, etc.

How have you been discriminated against?

“The value of compassion cannot be over-emphasized. Anyone can criticize. It takes a true believer to be compassionate. No greater burden can be borne by an individual than to know no one cares or understands.” ~Arthur H. Stainbeck

luvmyangel22
bingo its a matter of class for sure

Quoting YeahSoWhat:

I'm black , some act this way and some don't , just like every other race some know better and some don't it, i think its more a matter of class tham race.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose4607

This!

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Not really. A lot of groups are highly stereotyped in the media.

mamamona
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM
There's no question or doubt about it Muslim women are judged and treated unfairly in the US WAY more than anyone else. If you're black and Muslim, well you're double discriminated against.

prissypoptart
Omg you are sooo right. Lol.. that bubble is only so big.. wait until the "outside" starts moving in.

Quoting navybeauty88:

I think only people who are don't get out and get around feel that way. For example, someone may say, "all the black women I've ever met act like that." Yet they've never left their hometown or state. That's just a personal observation though. If they do get around and still feel that way then I don't know what to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN