Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Having baby fever when you still have a baby...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

is weird to me.

Like, there have been posts where Moms have a 4-month-old or a 2-month-old say they have the baby bug. They must be sitting there, holding/nursing a tiny infant, and they are daydreaming about having another infant?

I just wonder about it because it seems like if you have baby fever, that baby would satisfy the feeling, right?

I mean maybe it is more like TTC/pregnancy/birth fever... like they want that process again, not necessarily craving having a little baby in their arms because they already have a little baby in their arms.

Seriously just curious...

by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I kinda started to get baby fever when my 8th month old started eaing, crawling and standing by himself. But I think it is because we are not planning on having anymore at all So the fact that my baby is becoming Independent and nearing a toddler it makes me sad.
dollysvlog
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM

i miss being pregagnt that is the only "fever" i have... but I can wait until ds is at least one.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

with my last one I did. but I know why. I love my sweet little boy and I wouldn't rade him for any thing but before he was born we didn't find out boy or girl. and some how I convinced myself I was having a girl. It wasn't that I wanted a baby... I had a baby. I wanted that baby girl I had been picturing for the last 6 months. silly I know but it is what it is.

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I started getting baby fever again when DS was 6 mo old because I knew how long the process was going to take before we could adopt again. I guess it wasn't so much baby fever as wanting two kids fever =) 

kiowaqueen
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Dang this is an oldie :) but I have had baby fever...I was pregnant for three years in a row it seemed lol had one in ,'09,'10 and '11 after the last one I felt like I was having pregnancy withdrawals lol I was use to being pregnant THANKFULLY that season has passed !! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumns_mom22
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM
I made the permanent decision to not have anymore, so I think that gave me baby fever for a bit after my last was born. But that didn't last long and you couldn't get me to have another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:33 AM
Old post is old!

Everyone is different though. I've never had baby fever. I don't even really like kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:03 AM

"I don't even really like kids." This is a good site for you, then. lol. It's all about kids.

Quoting Astaroth:

Old post is old!

Everyone is different though. I've never had baby fever. I don't even really like kids.

Astaroth
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM
It's a site about moms. :)

Quoting Bellarose0212:

"I don't even really like kids." This is a good site for you, then. lol. It's all about kids.

Quoting Astaroth:

Old post is old!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 4:59 AM

I guess so, but I would be really bored on here if I hated kids. Most of the posts are about kids, almost all of the articles are about kids, etc. Like, I drive a car but I would be really bored on a car owner message board. To each their own though, I guess you find enough stuff that interests you or you wouldn't be here!

Quoting Astaroth:

It's a site about moms. :)

Quoting Bellarose0212:

Quoting Astaroth:

Old post is old!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)