Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 3month old puppy bit my 4year old daughters face!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM
  • 822 Replies

We have 3 month old shih tzu and I have two girls ages 4 and 2. My 4 year old was playing with oscar(our shih tzu) who bit her in her face. He made her bleed and there are teeth marks. I am scared because the older he gets the bigger and shaper his teeth will get! This is not the first time this has happened, he has bit her hand before but never made her bleed.

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM
8 moms liked this
I know you dont want to hear it ... But get rid of the dog .. :( also it almost looks like hives as well which means allergies ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM
103 moms liked this

He's a puppy and your daughter needs to stay out of his face. She probably scared the poor little thing.

Also the older he gets the more used to your children he gets and the more obedient he gets. Before you go tossing him to the side like he's a bad dog why not look into obedience classes and teach him.

I mean he IS still a baby and needs to be taught how to act.

lv.42.dy
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM
8 moms liked this
Get rid of the mutt....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
2 moms liked this

If you have not been training the dog then obviously you need to.

If you ahve been...I wouldn't keep the dog. Not all puppies bite, especially if they are being trained.

swesolek6
6 moms liked this

Quoting mrssummerlin:

He's a puppy and your daughter needs to stay out of his face. She probably scared the poor little thing.

Also the older he gets the more used to your children he gets and the more obedient he gets. Before you go tossing him to the side like he's a bad dog why not look into obedience classes and teach him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommyMachine
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM

:( Your poor DD!  Personally, I wouldn't keep a dog around that bit.  However, he is young.  Maybe obedience training would help?  I hope it all works out for you guys.

Kitkat61277
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:00 PM
11 moms liked this
Quoting mrssummerlin:

t and the older your girls get the better all will behave around each other. Getting rid of the dog won't solve any problems and only make DD feel bad that it might be her fault the dog had to go away.
comf
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM
9 moms liked this
You need to rehome the dog. You obviously have no clue about dogs, and it will be easier to find a good home now than later. I have three dogs a pit bull breed, a lab, and a bullmastif. I am very pro dog but if your kid was in the position to get bit in the face you need to rehome it immediately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swesolek6
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM
5 moms liked this
Imo puppy teeth are sharper than adult teeth.if hes never done it before try to fix itbefore you get eriod of him.i have a three month old rott, but hes very well behaved so far so I don't have much more advice other than that sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I could not have an an animal that tries to eat my kids. No way, Id get rid of it fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN