Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A sad day in Zanesville Ohio *warning graphic picture of animals*

Posted by   + Show Post

This is the end result of one selfish person, too bad he cannot be punished for what he has done to these innocent animals, he took his own life after unlocking the cages these animals were housed in.

I live in ohio and this is all over the news. People were told to stay in their houses because exotic and some dangerous animals were roaming around in the city.

by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM
The Big Cat Rescue in Tampa said it takes 40 minutes it more for a tranq to work on a large animal. If they are excited, it may not work at all. When a tiger is loose in a neighborhood, you don't have long to wait. It's sad though.

Quoting momofhnd:

I don't understand why they had to kill them, why couldn't they tranquilize them and put them in zoos around the US.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama07Shorty

Quoting momofhnd:

I don't understand why they had to kill them, why couldn't they tranquilize them and put them in zoos around the US.

im curious to

avajeansmomma

This happened at night. They had to kill them because if they tried to tranqualize them they could run off and hide, then possibly kill someone.

Quoting momofhnd:

Kendallsmama15
It's so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artsygirl2010
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM

that is what i am saying. i understand that they are exotic animals and a danger to the towns people, but why not just tranquilize them?

Quoting momofhnd:

momof31995
Heart breaking
yayay15
Are they dead or sedated? Sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Poor things!  I wish the cops hadn't been forced to these measures.  SO unfair!

jarji
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM

So sad :( 

avajeansmomma
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Also zoos don't just take in any exotic animal. If they were tranquallized they would have to go to rescue centers or reserves and there aren't always open spots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)