Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 17 year old is pregnant! ***Latest update*** Good news!!

Posted by   + Show Post

First, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to give me advice!!  Of course, with only knowing a tiny part of the big picture, not all of it is applicable, but I am reading every response and considering all opinions.

I talked to my daughter last nite.  She was very humble, not angry.  She is panicking because it seems her boyfriend/fiance is not coming back.  She is worried about finances, has admitted her fault in not keeping up with the house etc.

Did I let her off the hook?  NO!   I told her I would be over once a week to check the cleanliness of the house(as requested by the owner)....she has no more chances regarding that issue.

She gets paid next week and wants to sit down with me to figure out her budget...including what she owes us.  I want to make sure that she can afford everything where she is on her own, and stressed to her that she need s to worry about her and that baby...not the boyfriend.

I will continue assisting my daughter, not enabling her.  I am not going to bail her out, and she will start losing things if she doesn't take care of her business(ie. her car and the house)

She is terrified by the reality of all of this and shocked that she is going to be a single mother.  She wanted it to be a family...not just a baby.   Reality is sinking in.

She is still a child, my child, who thought she could make adult choices and is learning a harsh lesson without being able to change the outcome....or go back to the way it was.

I hope that she meant what she said and will work harder at everything(school, work, home, etc) but she knows that it is HER responsibility....I will give her the chance to prove herself.

****Update:   The house was spotless!!  Now to see if she follows through with the other things we discussed!!!  Keeping my fingers crossed that she just got a wake up call!

by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Replies (61-70):
marney.p
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 6:43 AM

I wish you all the best of luck.

delilahsmom1177
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Go YOU!!!!!! You have obviously done a great job with your DD and she will be a great mommy herself because of that. Being a single mom SUCKS really bad BUT it is also very rewarding. Good luck.

deenakate
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:01 AM
Stay hopeful. Smiles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dance08
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I don't see a problem with helping her out, she is your daughter but i wouldnt provide everything for her. i think your doing the right thing. But i do agree she needs to take responsibility into her own hands. I am 17 and pregnant and keeping the baby and I have very little support from my parents which i accept. My bf parents are letting us live here but we have to care and pay for our child ourselves. It's deffinitely a hard thing to do, but it is not impossible.

2beautygirl
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Any updates?? It's way after feb..did she have the baby
JBaby61
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I added a legthy response to your previous post prior to reading this hope she can keep it up but expect some backward spirals not everyone changes overnight and misary loves company if her boyfriend sees she is doing well he may try to drag her down with him.

DaiTilley
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I'm so glad things are starting to work out! Best of luck with everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeniseHarrison
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
great news

rainmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM

glad she seen the light at the end of the tunnel 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM

hoping for the best for you your daughter and that grandbaby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN