Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

True love a dying breed?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm starting to lose hope in true romance. I just don't think theres that perfect bliss love. Sure there's the first couple months of any relationship where everythings magical and perfect, all glitter and giggles. But then when thats gone, whats left? I want to find someone who, when the glitter and giggles wears off, is still there. Who turns into my best friend. Who thinks I'm just as sexy in my sweat pants as when I'm rockin my new lacy panties. Who knows how to make my most miserable days bearable. I don't want a fairy tale, I want to have little fights, I want to disagree and work things out. I want the ups and downs and the whole crazy package but I'm just so tired of trying to make excuses for guys. I don't want someone who can't help out around the house, or who stays at the gym more than he stays at home, I don't want some egotistical freak or some guy that wears more hair product than I do.

Why is it so hard to just find a down to earth, normal guy, who can show emotions and appriciate me without going all creepy stalkerish. Am I crazy here girls or is this whole absolute love idea a dying breed?

by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:25 PM
It's there! Maybe you need to fine tune where you're looking or who you're looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLozano
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I like what you said, you hit it right on. If that exists please let me know. Sadly i dont know if it does exist...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLefty
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I have that, but I didn't find it until my late 20s, just after I had given up hope.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM
It still exists. I didn't find it until my late 20's though. My husband and I have been married for 9 years and we are still madly in love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallieLynsMommy
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM

It still exist. My DH is an amazing man. He loves me and finds me just as beautiful as he did on the first day we met. I absolutely know he does. He is my best friend, my lover, my husband, the father of my child, and my care taker. He has always encouraged me to follow my dreams and has supported me in every single way possible. He has nursed me and held me up through my battle with bone cancer for almost 3 years now. He thinks I'm beautiful bald and isn't fed up with me or tired of me just because I'm ill all of the time. He stayed with me every chemo treatment and every surgery, he still does.

I hope you find someone wonderful. Someone who will truly stick with you for better and worse, in sickness and health. True love is out there. You may have to wait a while to find it, or for it to find you, but when the right person comes along, no matter how old you are, the wait will no longer matter.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

Follow my blog!

km1970
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in my late 20's when I found it. Once I let go of the idea of falling in love with "potentinal" and once I realized I couldn't love a man that I pitied or needed to fix...it happened. Not to say, that it's been all red wine and roses with my dh, we have had ups and downs. Sure butterflies are great at first, but my relationship with my dh is like a comfortable pair of jeans..they have holes and patches, some days they are a little tight and some days a little loose, but all in all they are just right:)

PearlsandWhirls
by Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Quoting km1970:

I was in my late 20's when I found it. Once I let go of the idea of falling in love with "potentinal" and once I realized I couldn't love a man that I pitied or needed to fix...it happened. Not to say, that it's been all red wine and roses with my dh, we have had ups and downs. Sure butterflies are great at first, but my relationship with my dh is like a comfortable pair of jeans..they have holes and patches, some days they are a little tight and some days a little loose, but all in all they are just right:)

This hit home for me, I tend to fall for the "broken wing" men all the time. ugh. Hope i find my pair of jeans!

haydsmom2007
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM

iI don't know if it's a dying breed but it surely is out there. I've found my true love already. He is what you described lol. We've only been together for 3 years, but there still is "glitter and giggles" lol. He can't keep his hands off of me. He thinks I'm sexy no matter what I wear and no matter what my hair looks like, and no matter how many pimples I have on my face. And sometimes we get in these moods where we just sit on the couch together and hug and squeeze each other for like 10 minutes straight just because. lol. And he absolutely is my best friend.

kshepherd
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Nothing on life is perfect. Love will always have its highs and loves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetumskitty
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM

You can't have my husband!  lol.  Seriously though, my husband is all that and more.  I think he's pretty awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)