Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I'm gonna be bashed, but...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM
  • 286 Replies
17 moms liked this

How could anyone choose abortion? I just can't wrap my mind around it. It's just so wrong. From the deepest part of me, it feels wrong. It makes sick thinking about how many babies die everyday because their mother chose to have an abortion. I just don't get it!

And all these people want to scream "reproductive rights!!!" Ok, what about the rights of that baby? No one ever mentions those rights. Are we really living in a society that puts so little value on human life?

What if you're mother chose abortion? You wouldn't even be here. Doesn't that bother you? That you're lucky because your mother chose to keep you around. Aren't you thankful for that? No matter how shitty your childhood was, you're here; you're alive. You have a child (right? or else why are on here?). How could mothers, of all people, agree with abortion? You know what that "little ball of cells" becomes. Those cells aren't nothing; they are human. They are you. They deserve a chance, too. A chance like you were given.

I know this post will piss people off and I'm not even really sure why I'm posting this right now, but I just had to tell this to someone right now. And at 1am on a Tuesday night my options are kinda limited...

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzie_8690
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM
7 moms liked this
Well bash me too bc I totally agree with you! Never could I think of killing my baby bc I made the choice to open my legs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Texas-Mommy-
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I am pro life but I cant speak for others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angiemamma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
i agree to an extent. Not trying to be hateful. But what if the womans raped and or the pregnancy is endangering her life. Just a thought. Im 100% against abortions also. But if it were going to kill me and take me away from my two babies i would terminate the pregnancy. If i were raped(mind u if i could have kids) i would possibly put the child up for adoption. Not a guarantee. But its always a possibility. Not trying to bash because i agree with you 100% but just a thought tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I don't really stick my nose in peoples business (not saying you are)

As for abortions, my mom had 3 before me, and one after. I was a survived medical abortion. (i dont know details, not sure if its true but this is what I have been told)

Sooooo with that I say, it is not my body or life to dictate or judge.

janeleesmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same way! So everyone needs to bash me as well. I don't believe in Abortion...

rylandsmommie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 AM

......................................................................... everyone mentions the rights of the baby ummmm thats the whole debate...

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:18 AM

I'm referring to people on the other side of the debate, obviously.

Quoting rylandsmommie:

......................................................................... everyone mentions the rights of the baby ummmm thats the whole debate...

amayabrianna
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:19 AM
4 moms liked this

Honestly no none of that bothers me. None of it affects me in my life. So many cry that abortion is wrong and to protect the fetus. But what about after that child is born? Who defends them and protects them with the same fervor as when they are still in the womb? 

Making abortion illegal will not change anything in regards to abortion. They will still be done it will just not be as safe as it is now. There would be more child neglect/abuse and murder. There would be more suicides, and homicides among adults. Nothing would change in the number of deaths. Actually it might change. There would be MORE deaths because then it would not only be the fetus that would not be living it would also be the mother. 

megan479
11 moms liked this
I agree to a point. But you have to realized that abortion is a necessary evil. There will always be women out there who don't want to be moms and get pregnant by accident, or who are raped etc...who simply can not handle the emotional toll of carrying a baby in that situation. This is something that needs to be around for women...so that they can get that care if necessary without fear of persecution without having to resort to back alley methods.
Also, when you take away a woman's right to choose, you violate one of her basic human rights. You take away from her the right to decide what is best for her and the right to dictate where her life will go and what that life will entail. Yes , its sad when a woman aborts a baby. But its downright deplorable that people think they have the right to judge and decide that its not ok former to make that decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
5 moms liked this

"what if your mother chose abortion"

Well, funny you should say that. As my mother is VERY pro choice and has aborted before and she's also given a baby up for adoption before. I can honestly say, my mom WANTED ME. She wanted me and loved me....

FYI, I've aborted twice. My rights veto that of anything that grows in or on me. It's my choice as it is MY life that will forever be altered and changed. I would never want to force an abortion on YOU, why would you want to force a pregnancy on ME?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)