Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NC is the only group alive right now! Help me! Tell me how to get my child to lay down :( *POLL*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: How can I get her to lay down?

Options:

Duck tape

Whiskey

Valium

Benadryl

Hands and feet straps

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

My daughter wants to stay up alllll night and play. She doesn't like to nap, and I know this isn't good for her. I want to try that no sleep solution where you start off slowly getting them used to sleeping in bed by themselves. But I can't even get her to lay down, even next to me! She doesn't even want to be nursed to sleep. She used to sleep at 7:30pm every night, but now it's like she doesn't want to sleep at all ever :(

Any ideas on how to get her to lay down? I've tried everything relaxing I can think of and have been sticking to our routine. I don't know what is making her act like this... she's always super hyper and I never give her any sugar! 

She's 11 months old. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeahJ
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:31 AM

benadryl. 

rofl.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM

If NC is the only group alive right now you're in trouble. This group is dead tonight.

Here's the thing with your situation. Kids need structure. Whether my Children want to Nap or not it's not up to them. They have a set time every single day. Same thing with Bedtime. Do you know how long my Kids would stay awake if they didn't have a bedtime? Ugh, you do not want to know. I say stick to the routine and be firm with it. Do not cave or divert.

RedRozeMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Duct tape works for eveything, including insomiac kids who won't stay in bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM

What exactly is the Ferber method?

In a nutshell, Ferber says you can teach your baby to soothe himself to sleep when he's physically and emotionally ready, usually sometime between 4 and 6 months of age. He recommends following a warm, loving bedtime routine and then putting your baby in bed awake and leaving him (even if he cries) for gradually longer periods of time. Putting a child to bed awake, says Ferber, is crucial to successfully teaching him to go to sleep on his own.

Parents are instructed to pat and comfort their baby after each predetermined period of time, but not to pick up or feed their baby. This routine is called "progressive waiting." The suggested waiting time, which Ferber charts in his book, is based on how comfortable you are with the technique, how many days you've been using it, and how many times you've already checked on your child that night.

After a few days to a week of gradually increasing the waiting time, the theory goes, most babies learn to fall asleep on their own, having discovered that crying earns nothing more than a brief check from you.

My 4 kids

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM

NOT..........at all funny

Quoting LeahJ:

benadryl. 

rofl.

AHmom103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Can you just put her in bed with her toys, and let her play until she decides she's ready to sleep? That's what I do with my girls, and both of them have always went to sleep pretty quickly for me. Kinda reverse psychology. I tell them it's time to go have super quiet time in their beds, and give them their toys, and they don't argue or cry about it.

LeahJ
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM

hee hee. sure it was. now, if i had actually been suggesting it as a legitimate option, perhaps not. ;)

Quoting Sassy762:

NOT..........at all funny

Quoting LeahJ:

benadryl. 

rofl.

LeahJ
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 AM

whiskey. now THAT would be funny. little on the gums, right?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Just about as bad as the benadryl..........There are some on here that would and  DO  that....kwim

Better not to even suggest it

Quoting LeahJ:

whiskey. now THAT would be funny. little on the gums, right?

NotSoTypical
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Benadryl and whiskey? A double dose of Tylenol is way more convienient.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)