Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Work For A Clinic That Does Abortions Too *small edit*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM
  • 17 Replies

(Play the game right. There is no"I would never work there" If that is the case then dont reply)
Answer all the scenarios (if you have the time)
You are a receptionist and a mother walks in with her nine year old daughter to get her on birth control.

A father walks in to get his 12 year old an abortion.

A mother walks in to get her 12 year old an abortion.

A 16 year old walks in to get her third abortion.|

An upset 23 year old walks to get an abortion with her bf constantly repeating she has to do it if she loves him.

*small edit. I know you can't really do anything but what would you be thinking*

AngelDemon.gif picture by conweis

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 AM
What ? are you supposed to to answer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I'm a receptionist in all of these scenarios? Well then, I sign them in and tell them to be seated until the nurse calls them.

In the last scenario, I mention to the nurse and/or doctor that it appears the girl is being pressured into the abortion so that they can evaluate it further.

Aside from that, I don't have much choice other than to do my job--which, as a receptionist, is sign them in and ask them to be seated.

amyrw
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 AM
This

Quoting sissyboogs:

I'm a receptionist in all of these scenarios? Well then, I sign them in and tell them to be seated until the nurse calls them.

In the last scenario, I mention to the nurse and/or doctor that it appears the girl is being pressured into the abortion so that they can evaluate it further.

Aside from that, I don't have much choice other than to do my job--which, as a receptionist, is sign them in and ask them to be seated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Well a receptionist doesn't make any decisions... one would hope. So I would sign in anyone so they can be seen.

ProudMama_2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM

9yr old - I'd hand over a few pamplets and let them look over the info before sending them in to consult and figure out what one is best for her. Its none of my business why she wants her daughter on B.C.

dad & daughter - I'd feel for her, but I would just do my job and talk to them. maybe offer other options, but if that was the route they had decided, that is their choice.

mother & daughter - same as the father & daughter. its not my choice, ultimately its thiers.

16 yr old - She knows the drill. let her do her thing and leave. its her life and even if i dont like the way she is using it, i can't force her to live the way i would find more appropriate.

the last one - i would kick him out, then sit down and talk to her. its HER choice. not his. she shouldn't be getting bullied into doing something she might not really want to do.

HouseKatof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Quoting sissyboogs:

All of this.  

ProudMama_2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Just FYI for those commenting - a receptionist is free to give information and discuss with the patients, esp. at clinics like the one in this scenario. I've visited these places, to give moral support to a couple friends and to maybe try and talk to some of the girls about the choice its a hard one and i like to understand where each person is coming from. (i'm trying to get into a job in medicine, still sorting through what field specifically i want)

HouseKatof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

How, as a receptionist, would you think someone should act?

Not the doctor

Not the nurse

Not the office manager

Not a counselor

A receptionist isn't someone that would be speaking to these women, in detail, about why they are there. A receptionist respects the woman's privacy, answers the phones, sets up the appointments, passes out the paper work, collects the paper work, etc. A receptionist has nothing to do with the actual medical nature that has brought the woman into the clinic. It would be highly inappropriate for a receptionist to say anything about the medical procedure any particular woman is seeking. If the receptionist has concerns they should be addressed to the medical staff.  

HouseKatof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Quoting ProudMama_2010:

Just FYI for those commenting - a receptionist is free to give information and discuss with the patients, esp. at clinics like the one in this scenario. I've visited these places, to give moral support to a couple friends and to maybe try and talk to some of the girls about the choice its a hard one and i like to understand where each person is coming from. (i'm trying to get into a job in medicine, still sorting through what field specifically i want)

Maybe where you live it is. If you did that around here you would be fired very quickly.  

AquarianPath
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)