Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i wrong?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
I am in a wonderful relationship and want to spend christmas at home this year and make my own dinner with my b/f sister.(Never made my own) I have for the past 20 yrs went to my sisters except for last year. Is it wrong of me to just want to stay home? My sister acts like I won't c them. What about another day? I don't feel I am wrong, I would like just to b home for once, its time u come visit me. What's your thoughts? Ty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:22 AM
Christmas we spend home.
And we go out after Christmas to see family.
The kids play w their toys and it's just an over all relaxing day. (minus me cooking lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I also prefer to be home. Holidays are so stressful and it's soothing for me to enjoy them in a comfortable place.

Tell your sister exactly that--"I had plans to stay home on Christmas but if you'd like to set up another day before or after the holiday, I'd love to come see you."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_Lynn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:29 AM
I did. I wish I could post our messages from facebook but to hard on my phone. My bf thinks she is jealous not sure why tho.

Quoting epoh:

I also prefer to be home. Holidays are so stressful and it's soothing for me to enjoy them in a comfortable place.

Tell your sister exactly that--"I had plans to stay home on Christmas but if you'd like to set up another day before or after the holiday, I'd love to come see you."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieJane
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, you're not wrong. I much prefer to stay at home on Christmas. Even if it means that tons of people come to our house and I have to cook for them! It's so much easier with the kids, so they can play with their toys and stuff.

Naegore
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:33 AM
Nothing wrong with staying home. Your sister sounds a bit controlling. She wants things her way. It is easy to want to give in for the sake of peace, but then she will get her way and things will never change. Stay upbeat about it and ensure her it is not her, you just want to be home this Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabsmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:49 AM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to start a new tradition! I'd say cook at your home and relax and go to your sister's the next day :) my mom gets mad that I go to her house for Thanksgiving (super stressful) and then turns around and cooks a small meal the next day for my family. Not a big deal, I love cooking bit don't like the whole family at my house. I tried that one year, and everyone gave me such a hard time because I made everything homemade.....I vowed never to have It my house again.....so now I just do it for my hubby and kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_Lynn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Ty I did and she said dad will b here and I said its dads choice and also she said dalton wants to b here and I said my son will b opening gifts with his mom this year. Yes he is 18 but I don't care first time I had them for christmas other then a little time since he was with his dad. I am not struggling this year and I thinks its going to a awesome christmas staying home.

Quoting Naegore:

Nothing wrong with staying home. Your sister sounds a bit controlling. She wants things her way. It is easy to want to give in for the sake of peace, but then she will get her way and things will never change. Stay upbeat about it and ensure her it is not her, you just want to be home this Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

We always spend Thanksgiving together with family,and Christmas at home.Tell her she could come to your home just as well as you going to hers.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Not wrong at all. Send invited let them choose. Tell those that start to bitch you don't want to hear it.

BITTERSWEET72
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Do It!!!!! I feel the same way its nice to break tradition and do your own thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)