Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long were your LO's in Newborn Clothes?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM
  • 67 Replies

I have an 18 month old daughter who was born 10 weeks early and wore preemie and newborn clothes for months, and I'm expecting a son now, and they are doing interventions to make sure we get to at least 37 weeks. My question is, how long were your babies in newborn clothes? Is it worth it to stock up on plenty newborn or just a fair few and get the rest in 0-3 months? my son is due feb 25th so it will shortly start getting warmer where I live after my son comes.

Thanks mamas :)

pregnancy calendar

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BetcCarter
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Just buy one or two nb onsies and get the rest in 0-3. My daughter wore NB for less than two weeks so I just bought my boys 0-3 and skipped nb completely:)

Waspinators_Mom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 AM

My son was small. Not premi small, but in NB diapers for a month or so. I mainly dressed him in the gowns w/onsies & long socks(I worked midnights and he was born in the wonter so this made it easier on me.)

Jadegirl1819

It's been awhile so I don't remember but here is a bump

CasandraFinlay
Sadly, our son was 9 lbs.... NB clothes.didn't stand a chance.

Bumping for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM
My son was 7lbs 10oz and he wore them for a about 3 weeks...

DD was 6lbs 6oz and wore them for a little over a month. I only had a few NB outfits though. I bought mostly 0-3 and 3 month clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootncrazy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:06 AM

My DD was 9lbs 3oz so she wore NB for about 2 weeks. With this one that is due soon I got one pack of long sleeve onesies and 3 sleepers and 2 outfits. I don't expect him to be as big but still.

firefly63701
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Oh geez, my dd was born at 37 weeks and weighed 5lb 4 oz.  She started out in preemies and was in newborn for quite a while.  I just dont remember how long exactly, she's 9 now.

Rena1999
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 AM
My daughter was in them for a little over 2 and a half months, but she was only 5lbs 8oz, she wore preemie as long as the length would allow, which wasnt long, so nb was big on her until she was 2 months old, then i had to go to 0-3 mo again bc of the length.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayelynnesmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:12 AM
my dd was 6LBS 6ozs but very petite she wore premie for about a month and a half and then newborn about 2 months then on to 0 to 3 months but then skipped 3 to6 months all together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethPrice1345
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 AM
3ish weeks. They were 7 lbs 1 oz and 6 lbs 15 oz at birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)