Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday traditions

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
Thanksgiving is spend in TX at my parents house with my sil, brother, grandma, mom, dad, niece, me, dh and dd. Its a full, hectic house for 4 days and that's how we like it! :)

Christmas eve is spent at my brother and sil's house so the girls can exchange gifts and open one.

Christmas day we stay at home and we have lasagna.

New years eve we stay at home and have seafood. Crab, lobster, shrimp, etc. Yummy!!

What are your holiday traditions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
betsyabel
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Thanksgiving is spent at my SIL's where she cooks way too much awesome food and we all eat too much.

Christmas Eve we have hubby's family over for Christmas dinner (ham & all the trimmings).  We bought the house he & his siblings all grew up in, and they've always come here Christmas Eve so we carry on that tradition.

Christmas Day we open presents and have a small snack for breakfast, then drive 2.5 hours to my sister's house for brunch and gifts. 

New Years Eve we make a bunch of snack type foods for supper and for munching on later.  We play games with the kids.  Sometimes a few family members will come over & play cards & games too.

strongerthanB4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:05 AM
the members of my family that I would be with are my parents and they are dead. I do not speak to my sister any longer. it will be just myself, my daughter and hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernswag
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Thanksgiving at my house, it's an all day event. The women cook the men play video games between watching football and horsing around. We have Ham instead of Turkey.

Christmas Eve everyone comes to my home for a Christmas Eve fest, we all watch a Christmas movie and exchange gifts that night and the kids open stockings. 

Christmas day just my husband, children and I exchange gifts and have cinnamon rolls (we're going to make a breakfast casserole this year), then my parents come back over and we enjoy our gifts and then reheat the Christmas Eve left overs.

New years, we never do anything.

ErikaRobin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I would consider these more "holiday plans" than "traditions".  Traditions for us include things like throwing rolls across the table when my dad asks someone to "pass the rolls".

Current CM Rank:      Queen of AWESOME

FOLLOW THE AWESOME @ RandomNinja - Writer of Wrongs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)