Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 year old came home from school singing "just look around, when your down god will be by your side"

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
  • 177 Replies
3 moms liked this
Yep my son is singing about god in school! When I heard him sing it I thought right away, hot damn I gots me self some cm material! Lol. I guess they will be performing it at their christmas program.

Would you be mad?

Btw it doesn't bother me.

Edit!

Sorry ladies I got carried away with cleaning. We just started sending him to a public school he was previously attending private. I wasn't sure if this was something normal they do in public, its all so new to us. I'm wondering if there will be any good drama over it at the school. December 7th is the date so we shall see what happens. My son is so excited he didn't do this in private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I would be mad if its a public school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbkay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM
8 moms liked this
Not I. I would be happy. It's a good thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM
I wouldnt care. PC has been a downfall of PS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.nerds
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM
I would be surprised and waiting for the backlash.

momofnhimai
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM
4 moms liked this

no, i would not be mad. God id good.

HouseofFeast
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM
5 moms liked this

If it's a public school. I would go in there and calmly explain that I am an atheist--and I raise my child with no religious influence--and that I am offended that they'd overstep the church and state bounds like that.

I don't see a problem with most TRADITIONAL Christmas Carols, but that doesn't sound traditional to me...

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickersDaisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Kodysmommy928
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM
4 moms liked this

I would be upset.  Religion doesn't belong in public school.

VirgoMom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Quoting MIA0223:

Yes. I would be mad if its a public school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all_4_my_son
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
21 moms liked this
I would be thrilled.....religion needs to be put back in schools. But that's just my opinion so stay away CM sharks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I agree with you, but I wouldn't go into the school explaining that I am an athiest.  That really is none of their business and I feel if I did that I would be just as bad as they are.

Quoting HouseofFeast:

If it's a public school. I would go in there and calmly explain that I am an atheist--and I raise my child with no religious influence--and that I am offended that they'd overstep the church and state bounds like that.

I don't see a problem with most TRADITIONAL Christmas Carols, but that doesn't sound traditional to me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)