Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you feel obligated to loan it to them?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
  • 35 Replies

My SIL is having a birthday party for her child, she told me she's looking into renting a jump house but doesn't really have the money, we own a jump house so I feel she told me in the hopes I'd offer to lend her ours.

I absolutely do not want to do this and for many reasons but my husband doesn't seem to understand why. The jump house was a gift from my parents to my son for his second Christmas, he'd be devastated if something were to happen to his jump house. Also, I'm not the host of the party so I have no right to dictate the play or the amount of children in the jump house. This scares me for two reasons 1) a child getting hurt 2) damage done to the jump house.

Maybe I am selfish and it's rude to not at least offer the use of it but I don't particularly feel obligated to loan it out, even if my husband does. I feel as though my reasoning is valid and there isn't really a compromise, we either loan it out or we don't!

What would you do?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingwifey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I agree with you.  

CasandraFinlay

I'd say that BOTH spouses need to be on board. If one is uncomfortable with the arrangement or notion of lending something out, then it shouldn't be done.

HUGS and I hope things turn out for the best.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM

my mom is crazy but she did have one good piece of advice,  dont lend something that you wouldnt give to the person. because you might not get it back and it isnt worth the friendship.  i dont think you should lend it to them. 

DamianaFire
1 mom liked this
I would loan it to them... for a price. The cost of repair or replacement. I wouldn't risk something like that of my child's for someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CasandraFinlay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

PS: If she can't afford to rent a jump house, how will she pay for any damages done to the one you own?

southern.momof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM
I would but only on the condition that I get to monitor it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess821
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
I wouldn't. If it were my sons, I wouldn't lend it out. I'd be afraid something would happen to it and they wouldn't replace it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM

i wouldn't do it.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Quoting lovingwifey:

I agree with you.  

luvmyangel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM
my sisters step son and his friend tore my daughters.

is it an industrial size one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)