Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible to be Pro-life and Pro-choice?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 26 Replies
I , myself do not support abortion. I would never do it. That is just that I believe. I don't want to kill an innocent fetus; no matter how underdeveloped. So when someone tells me they want an abortion, of course I tell them what I think (they are coming to me for support so why not express my opinion?)

On another hand, I think it should be up to the mother. But I think some people do it just becuz its an option. "We didn't use a condom and now I'm pregnant, I guess ill have an abortion." I even know of some girls who said they would love to have a baby but they dont want to be fat. So they abort. How else did they expect to have a baby? Unless they just have the money to get a surrogate. Or have the patience to adopt a baby, which by the time they get it may not be a newborn. But, I do understand the need to abort due to medical circumstance.

So I'm just wondering. Can I claim Pro-life and Pro-choice? I've often been told that I must choose...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I don't believe it's possible but if you don't want to choose, don't. Don't vote for people based on their PL views, don't vote on anything that would affect choice, etc.

BTW, I think when someone comes to you for support, that is not the time to offer your opinion. 

randomosityblog
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

You are pro-choice.

Bigdreamer10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Usually they say "I might get an abortion, what do you think?" which is when I ask them why they feel that way and they ask why I fowl the way I do.

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't believe it's possible but if you don't want to choose, don't. Don't vote for people based on their PL views, don't vote on anything that would affect choice, etc.

BTW, I think when someone comes to you for support, that is not the time to offer your opinion. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM

If you feel that others should be able to choose, you are pro-choice. Pro-choice does not mean that YOU personally would have an abortion. It simply means that the choice should be there. Many pro-choicers would never have an abortion, but understand the need for it.

So, no. I don't believe you can be both.

alwayskk
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Well that's not coming to you for support.  How strange that this happens often enough for you to be able to say 'usually'.

Quoting Bigdreamer10:

Usually they say "I might get an abortion, what do you think?" which is when I ask them why they feel that way and they ask why I fowl the way I do.

Quoting alwayskk:

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Quoting randomosityblog:

You are pro-choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are against someone telling you or anyone else what to do with their uterus, then you are pro-choice.  If you believe under any circumstance that your life or anyone else's life is not as important as the potential baby, then you my friend are pro-life. 

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

you are pro-choice because you believe that an individual should be able to choose for themself. Being pro-choice does not mean you would get an abortion it simply means that others should be able to if they feel it is needed, even if you don't necessarily agree with the reason they chose. 

hailey3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM
This

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

If you feel that others should be able to choose, you are pro-choice. Pro-choice does not mean that YOU personally would have an abortion. It simply means that the choice should be there. Many pro-choicers would never have an abortion, but understand the need for it.

So, no. I don't believe you can be both.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lishes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM
No, you cannot be both. You are pro choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)