Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOuld it be wrong to name....s/o kinda

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
would it be wrong to name a caucasion boy aryan?

jw dh and i had this discussion. i said no bc i associated the name with negative things and then arian foster became famous and he is african american. and i really like the name.

so if i ever have another boy this may be his name.

thoughts....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cypris420
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I would never do that to my child, personally.  Whether you are trying to break boundaries or just like the name, it has negative connotations that will follow that boy for the rest of his life.  I'm specifically referring the the spelling with a 'y'.  

luvmyangel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM
oh well i wouldnt be opposed to spelling it with an i. i just had never seen it spelled that way until arian foster came around

Quoting cypris420:

I would never do that to my child, personally.  Whether you are trying to break boundaries or just like the name, it has negative connotations that will follow that boy for the rest of his life.  I'm specifically referring the the spelling with a 'y'.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmiJanell
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I think they name has a nice sound to it too... but I would never use it because of the association.

There are similar sounding names...

Darian

Ariston

Avian

Tarian

Megan1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I think it's a nice name, but I don't know about naming my kid that.

CafeMom Tickers
luvmyangel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM
most likely i wont be having any more children. just wondering what everyones thoughts were. but i said no to it with ds bc of the negative connotation then arain foster pops up and i hva been forced to hypothetically reconsider
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)