Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are people disrespectful????

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
  • 38 Replies

My husband came home from class tonight pretty upset. He was in his English Lit class and they were discussing how writers were excluded from the"white man circle". That they were in the same circles as other races. Basically, she was saying how the white man opresses everybody.

He politely told his teacher that he found that offensive, because,yes, that might have been like that back in the day, but him and every other white person on this earth doesn't desirve to have to pay for the sins of our fathers. Then, while he was talking, another girl interrupted him and said that what he was saying was not rellevant and that she just wanted to go on with the work so they could get out of there.

He was very offended by this girl because she later went on to make her point about another topic, but she didn't have the respect to let him finish what he was saying, because it didn't matter to her, but he had to be quiet and let her talk.

How do you feel about this? I think people should treat others the way they would want to be treated and I think people should stop using the race card with everything. We don't need to be punished for thing our ancestors did.

PLEASE NO BASHING, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THIS!!!

THANK YOU!

Mom to Trent 10/28/2010toddler boy

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlec
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes I believe it is common courtesy to respect those especially in a class room while they are talking and vice versea.  From now on if I were him I would continue to say what I have to say regardless of what anyone says...

jlec
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM
I agree with you that is exactly what I told him too. No matter what you have to stand up for what you believe in!!
artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM

i would say whatever i felt i wanted to express. he should be allowed his freedom of speech if others are too.

Litlmama87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

He should of interrupted her & said "um, excuse me, but I'm really ready to go, so you now, not trying to be rude, but, STFU"

see how she likes it.

ButI really feel like he should have finished his point and never let her stop him in the first place, who the fuck is she. A nobody.

jlec
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM

BUMP!

mama_2_jasper
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's the white devil's fault!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM
I hate that. I recently started working for a granite and marble company. The owners are a married couple who are about 25 years old. They are both originally from Brazil as well, the wife speaks english very clear but the husband the husband has a thick accent. I work to cover for the wife when she cant be there so when Im there the husband helps me with customers. Most of the time he is in work clothes and all dusty because he does the work himself, and most of our clients are older rich white people because we live in a retirement town. These people are so closed minded and very disrespectful until I tell them he is the owner. My office is really big, but sound travels loudly through it because of all the granite and tile....so i hear people whispering to their spouse making negative comments about their race or all 3 of our ages and running a company. Pisses me off.... obviously they do amazing work....thats why everyone and their brother recommended them to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlec
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quoting mama_2_jasper:

It's the white devil's fault!

LOL....that's funny!!!

Mom to Trent 10/28/2010toddler boy

kirstn007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM

there are a lot of real rude selfish and senseless people out there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)