• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm trying so hard!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

Quick backstory: 

Mom #1: Single mom of an 8 year old, works as a nurse, put herself through college.

Mom #2: Married, husband works out of town 5 weeks, home 1 week.  Housewife, mom to 8 year old and 6 year old.  Only job is working at school a few days a week.

The UGH story:

Mom #1 works full time and needed someone to watch her child after school.  Mom #2 offers to watch him, and refuses payment for the babysitting.  Mom #2 has been watching child for the second school year.   Yesterday, the child was not feeling well and had an accident on his clothes right before his mom got off work.  Mom #2 gave him a bath and started washing his clothes.  Mom #1 asked for his clothes because he had no more school pants, so Mom #2 put them in a trash bag.  Mom #1 texts Mom #2 ten minutes after leaving with son that he forgot his belt.  Mom #1 said she would bring it to school the next morning.  Mom #1 texts Mom #2 the next morning and Mom #2 tells her that she forgot the belt and after she dropped her two kids off she would run home and get it and bring it back to him at school.  They see each other at drop off and Mom #1 tells Mom #2 to not worry about the belt that she will get it after school.  She then tells Mom #2 that the child had gotten a hole in the back of the pants (remember the ONLY pair of school pants that he has) while he was at Mom #2's home the day before.  Mom #2 offers to bring some of her child's pants to school for him to wear for the day, and Mom #1 refuses.  Mom #1 is very unhappy with the forgotten belt and the hole in the pants.

What is your opinion on this?  Does Mom #1 have a right to be pissed off?  Should Mom #2 have done more to make sure that his things were all intact?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kagegirl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a HUGE misunderstanding to me. And Mom #1 needs to suck it up and realize that things happen. 

boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I agree.

Quoting kagegirl:

Sounds like a HUGE misunderstanding to me. And Mom #1 needs to suck it up and realize that things happen. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

reese1206
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Things happen. I think Mom #1 should be a little more understanding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cypris420
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Quoting kagegirl:

Definitely.  The woman tried to wash his pants, made extra trips and extra offers to help...for free?  Mom # 1 needs to start appreciating what she's got going on here and stop focusing on the little things that happen.

Kodysmommy928
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Shit happens.  Mom one sounds stressed. 

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM

This

Quoting kagegirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)