Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What constitutes an "innocent" life??? (spinoff of "how dare you")

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM
  • 52 Replies

I've always wondered this.  At what point, does a woman become not "innocent" and deserves nothing but to carry that pregnancy to term, no matter her reasons for not wanting to??

At what point did I, as a woman, lose my "innocence"?  What does "innocent" in this context mean anyways?  By religious standards, I'd guess I'd be not innocent, aka full of sin.  But see, I think I'm innocent.  I didn't ask to be born and if I hadn't've been born, I would NOT have cared, because I wouldn't have been alive TO care.  So, when did I become less innocent and less worthy of a good life without a child if I so chose....than a pregnancy inside of me?  I'd really like to know.

Why are the unborn considered innocent...but not the person who is carrying that pregnancy??  I'd really like an answer!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ivory_Mom1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

BUMP!

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

From a religious view I was taught to believe all children are born innocent of sin. I didnt read that post but maybe thats what they were refering to.

stfu

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

because if you are a pregnant chick who doesn't want to bepregnant then you were a hooker that should have kept her legs closed. Stop skipping to the abortion clinic and get to the nearest bridal registry store

seriously when i say this i am being facetious but there are people out there who believe it... craziness

Ivory_Mom1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Interesting.  My mother in law insists that if my child (or future children) are not baptized, that they are therefore born into sin.  So the unborn child is not full of sin before its born, but the moment it is born, it is born with sin?  Very interesting. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

From a religious view I was taught to believe all children are born innocent of sin. I didnt read that post but maybe thats what they were refering to.

MiCHELLEx
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

i actually heard when a child is born, its full of sin. thats why they are baptized. i believe in early pregnancy abortions, personally. (PRO-CHOICE!)

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

this very point is why I turned from organised religion. I was a strict Roman Catholic and the most comforting thing the priest(my own cousin) could offer me at my sons funeral was that he is in heaven because I chose to baptise him on his deathbed... WTF kind of statement is that? It ruined my belief in God for many years.. Now it just ruined my views on catholics and they way they have it set up to get into heaven..

Quoting Ivory_Mom1:

Interesting.  My mother in law insists that if my child (or future children) are not baptized, that they are therefore born into sin.  So the unborn child is not full of sin before its born, but the moment it is born, it is born with sin?  Very interesting. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

stfu

reese1206
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM
BOTH lives are EQUALLY important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ivory_Mom1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Crazy, because its not just single women who get abortions, married women do too.  And if you are not married, but in a long term relationship, you most likely aren't sleeping around, you are just NOT married.  So therefore, anyone who gets pregnant and has an abortion, relationship or not, is a hooker?  Wow, I had no idea.

So, let me get this straight.  If you are not an unborn child, you are not innocent.  If you are not baptized, you are not innocent, even if you don't believe in religion (which I do not).  So the unborn is innocent and deserves to live, even if I'm a big fat sinner?  Why would anyone want a nasty sinner like me raising a child?  This makes no sense!!!!

Quoting .Pagan.:

because if you are a pregnant chick who doesn't want to bepregnant then you were a hooker that should have kept her legs closed. Stop skipping to the abortion clinic and get to the nearest bridal registry store

seriously when i say this i am being facetious but there are people out there who believe it... craziness

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is the REAL question...if these people are so "pro-life", why is it only "innocent life" they are out to save?

amomynous_j
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

i'm lost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)