Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 7 1/2 month old have been refusing solids for 1 1/2 months. I cannot get him to eat it at all. I can sit him in that damn high chair and try for an hour but nope he will just scream and scream and scream. If I can get him to smile or anything the minute that spoon gets close to his face his mouth slams shut and he won't eat. He would rather starve. Idk wtf to do anymore...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommasaint
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Is there a reason he has to have solids? There is really very little nutritional value, as long as he is getting the recommended amount of breast milk/formula then he should be fine. I'd just hang it up for a few weeks and then try again.

Two out of my four never had baby food. They went to straight finger food that the rest of us were eating at a little over 10 months.

OrionsMyBabyman
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM
He obviously isn't ready for them. He doesn't need them yet. Don't force it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymama1008
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

He started them at 4 1/2 months and ate them fine until 6 mo. He is ready. He used to love them. 

Quoting OrionsMyBabyman:

He obviously isn't ready for them. He doesn't need them yet. Don't force it.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I was never really very big on solids at that age.  Probably becasue when my son was just a lil younger he was eating some stage 1 sweet potatoes and it ruptured a cailarlary (sp?) or something and it resulted in him spitting up blood.  very scary  so i kinda stayed away from solids for quite a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)