• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH i cant think

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
What are good foods to stock up on????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juicebox.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

What do you mean stock up on?  Like regular grocery shopping? 

Mistaken.love95
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Yeah groceries. I didn't renew my food stamps because I no longer need them so I want to use my last month's to try and stock up on some stuff but my brain isn't working lol

Quoting juicebox.:

What do you mean stock up on?  Like regular grocery shopping? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I was wondering that too Juice.  We must stock up in the winter in case we can't get out for a week.  I have a generator which means I must have enough fuel for the week.  I stock up on things we can eat cold or hot.  I have all of my emergency gear in our closet ready to go at any minute.  Ok maybe I shouldn't be asked LOL

reese1206
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Meats, Veggies (frozen), Breads, Milk, Oatmeal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I do that too lol.  I have a weird phobia about that.  So I keep bottled water, dried and canned food, the whole emergency thing. 

Quoting taKENheart:

I was wondering that too Juice.  We must stock up in the winter in case we can't get out for a week.  I have a generator which means I must have enough fuel for the week.  I stock up on things we can eat cold or hot.  I have all of my emergency gear in our closet ready to go at any minute.  Ok maybe I shouldn't be asked LOL

Mistaken.love95
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM
So far I have chicken, turkey, cheese, onions and bread lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM

For regular groceries, plan meals ahead I guess and buy for those.  I always keep fresh fruit and veggies around too. 

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Pasta, beans, rice, canned goods, meat, frozen veggies, baking goods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeabeeWifey
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Yep, it only takes one time for it to happen and it never ever happens to you again.  It happened last year and were told not to fill up bathtubs with water either so this year we will be getting bottled water.

Having plenty of dried goods are a good idea as has been mentioned. I definitely would buy a lot of meat and frozen veg for the freezer and plenty of canned goods. 

Quoting juicebox.:

I do that too lol.  I have a weird phobia about that.  So I keep bottled water, dried and canned food, the whole emergency thing. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)